The Proactiv Company is a leader focused on the global consumer acne market. The Proactiv Company is a joint venture between Galderma, the world's largest independent global dermatology company and Guthy-Renker LLC, a leading direct marketing company.
It unites Galderma's science-based innovation and expertise in dermatology with Guthy-Renker's consumer insights and digital expertise under the Proactiv brand, the world's leading non-prescription acne brand.
For more information, please visit www.proactiv.com
The Credit Analyst will be responsible for properly accounting for invoicing, payments, deduction management, and accounts receivable balances for assigned domestic and international B2B accounts. This position also provides support to credit card and accounts receivable functions to the direct to consumer side of the business. This position will also assist in the monthly close and reconciliation process.
- Prepare, monitor and track invoicing for sales to assigned Distributors, Retailers; contact customers and work with as necessary to effect payment.
- Ensure payments and deductions are properly applied.
- Set up new customers, review credit, and resolve claims, short-pays, and chargebacks on assigned accounts.
- Conduct account research and analysis.
- Prepare and maintain various reports.
- Reconcile customer A/R accounts as needed.
- Interact with customers to resolve outstanding issues.
- Monitor and recommend actions for past due balances.
- Application of credit memos to related open items on customer's account (and maintaining appropriate documentation in line with audit requirements).
- Determine appropriateness of allowances.
- Work with Order Processing to ensure accuracy of sales orders.
- Run daily and weekly interface with Oracle receivable system.
- Maintain organized files of invoices, payments and supporting documentation.
- Other duties as assigned.
Other Important Information
- Knowledge of Accounts Receivable accounting.
- Knowledge of Oracle Accounts Receivable system.
- Ability to interact well with others to accomplish goals in an efficient manner.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in spreadsheet and document programs.
- Ability to utilize Excel pivot tables.
- Prior accounting and big box retail or distributor experience.
- Experience in working with accounting and ERP systems.
- Customer service experience helpful.
- Knowledge of credit card chargebacks for direct to consumer sales helpful.
The work environment characteristics and physical requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing duties of this job, the employee may or may not be frequently/or occasionally required to:
- Stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; stoop; kneel; crouch; talk or hear; and taste or smell.
- Climb stairs or ride elevators.
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Use close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Manipulate keyboard or otherwise access computer, telephone and hand-held devices.
- Be exposed to outside weather conditions while going in and out of office buildings.
- Be exposed to moderate noise level usually in warehouse settings.
- Be exposed to moving equipment, mechanical parts, and/or high places; or moving between air-conditioned and non-air-conditioned environments.
This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.