AmTrust Financial Services, Inc., a fast-growing multinational property and casualty insurance company, has an immediate need for a Paralegal on their Workers' Compensation Staff Counsel team reporting/working out of their Moorestown, Jersey City office.
This is a deadline-driven work environment. The ability to stay organized, self-motivate, work independently and on a collaborative team is vital.
Position requirements include:
- Preparation of pleadings including, but not limited to, answers, motions, subpoenas, demand for medical information, interrogatories, discovery, and associated trial documents
- Review and analysis of files before scheduled hearings, including written pre-hearing reports for multiple attorneys
- Composing routine correspondence, reading and routing of incoming mail, taking calls from attorneys, claims professionals, opposing counsel, and Courts
- Experience working in an all-inclusive document management platform is required, TeamConnect is a plus
- The position requires reading and comprehending complex instructions from attorneys and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- 3+ years of workers' compensation experience
- Associate or Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certificate is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple competing deadlines.
- Typing 60-70 wpm is essential.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time. What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.