About Veolia North America
A subsidiary of Veolia Group, Veolia North America (VNA) offers a full spectrum of water, waste and energy management services, including water and wastewater treatment, commercial and hazardous waste collection and disposal, energy consulting and resource recovery. VNA helps commercial, industrial, healthcare, higher education and municipality customers throughout North America. Headquartered in Boston, Mass., Veolia North America has approximately 10,000 employees working at more than 350 locations across the continent. Please visit our website www.veolianorthamerica.com.
Veolia's comprehensive benefits package includes paid time off policies, as well as health, dental and vision insurance. In addition, employees are also entitled to participate in an employer sponsored 401(k) plan, to save for retirement. Pay and benefits for employees represented by a union are outlined in their collective bargaining agreement.
Reporting to the Director of Water Quality and Environmental Compliance, this is a key position in the Municipal Water - Contract Operations team. The position will serve a core role in the function of Veolia's compliance and operations database system, Water Information Management System (WIMS).
The candidate will work directly with water and wastewater operations staff across North America to:
- Resolve WIMS functional issues and maintain current databases.
- Collaborate with the vendor, technology teams, and end-users to roll out version updates.
- Establish integrations to other applications including data visualization tools.
- Uphold data standardization governance principles and their deployment within WIMS.
- Development and rollout of WIMS training to support capacity-building initiatives for operations.
- Support database development for new contracts, significant modifications to existing database (e.g. new operational permit), and database archiving for demobilized contracts.
- The role may support other technical missions across Veolia such as piloting and deployment of innovative process technologies and assisting with new business due diligence.
This position will need to have a good understanding of Water and Wastewater operations - particularly process monitoring and compliance reporting under the Safe Drinking Water Act and Clean Water Act.
WIMS Database Management
- Lead application administrator responsible for the evaluation, development, maintenance, and performance improvements of various water and wastewater facilities operational data management system - WIMS.
- Ensure water and wastewater facility compliance by reviewing and ensuring sampling plans and database reports are accurate.
- Implements further database modifications and updates as requested by operations through a defined support ticketing process (ICARE).
- Recommend and implement solutions to operational and technical problems.
- Support the development of new databases for new contracts, significant modifications to existing databases, and proper database archiving for decommissioned databases.
- Support WQ objectives for data management and enforcement for data logging of particular WQ variables such PFAS, Lead, etc.
- Build and monitor operational management control systems, performance metrics, and reporting systems to support facility operation in collaboration with relevant operations and technical support (T&P) teams.
Training & Governance
- Develop training documents (presentations, reference guides, SOPs) for operational database users and conduct routine training throughout the year.
- Provide direct training and guidance to operations teams on demand to support their use of their respective WIMS system.
- Develop and support the implementation of standardized data architecture and best practices.
- Work with technology and related support teams to test and launch WIMS version updates
Integrations & New Technology
- Support the development of data visualization tools and any integration with WIMS data.
- Lead the development of LIMS integrations to WIMS to support WQ data capture from contract lab WQ reports for water and wastewater facilities.
- Support SCADA integrations with WIMS aligned with corporate and technology team efforts.
- Lead and support data integrations with mobile technology solutions for compliance and process data with WIMS.
- Ability to operate within a team-oriented atmosphere and with indirect supervisory personnel.
- Ability to shift priorities frequently and effectively as needed.
- Self-motivated with leadership and troubleshooting skills to ensure deployments are successful.
- Attention to detail to ensure work is well executed and facility databases are compliant with the regulatory requirements.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Office with minimal travel (1-4 trips/year).
Possible Work Hazards: While not working at an office, occasionally the employee may conduct site visits at one of our Veolia locations where hazardous operations occur.
- 4-year college diploma in a technical field (computer science, mathematics, engineering, etc.).
- Operational certification/licensure in drinking water or wastewater treatment is preferred.
- 4-7 Years of experience in managing/supporting regulatory reporting databases, preferably environmental regulatory reporting for water and wastewater systems.
Database Administration & Technology
- An understanding of computer applications is essential.
- Knowledge of database systems, maintenance & reporting.
- Mechanical aptitude and mathematical skills are required.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively interact with people at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Working knowledge of business analysis concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrates ability to develop unique solutions for complex technical problems that may include the design of new systems or the development of solutions having few or no precedents.
- Consistently demonstrates leadership ability and regularly serves as a technical or functional leader on a project basis.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment and compliance testing requirements (primary drinking water standards, NPDES, SPDES permits).
- Familiarity with process control and compliance-related environmental reports (monthly operating report, discharge monitoring report).
- Familiarity with water and wastewater lab practices and associated data reporting.
Training and interpersonal
- Ability to communicate effectively in conversation and writing.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts, tools, and techniques.
- Capable and comfortable multi-tasking between concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare accurate, timely, effective, and easily understood written communications, reports, and presentations for the business.
- Demonstrated verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with peers, management, clients, and the general public.
- Demonstrated commitment to compliance with applicable laws and regulations, the Company's Code of Business Conduct, and other Company policies and procedures.
- Must demonstrate ability to work in a team environment and willingness to assume additional or new responsibilities readily.
- Water or Wastewater operations licenses or certifications preferred.
- Amount of time spent - Standing 15%, Sitting 75%, Walking 10%.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Requires close visual observation to detect process non-conformance and machine malfunction.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer! All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Disclaimer: The salary, other compensation, and benefits information is accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
This job has expired.