Get to Know Us
Ken Grossman started Sierra Nevada in 1980 with a hand-built brewhouse and the odds stacked against him. That passion forever changed the course of American craft brewing and launched a beer revolution that's in full force today. Turns out, good beer can do a lot of good, and Sierra Nevada became a cornerstone for both its innovation and its care for the Earth and its people. We're committed to advancing a culture of inclusion and believe diversity in all its forms makes us stronger. We keep pushing boundaries, whether that's in the brewhouse, with sustainability, or in the great outdoors.
Get to Know This Role
The Warehouse Operator is responsible for receiving, storing, and distributing materials, tools, equipment, and products within the establishment. Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor, this role interfaces with various SNBC departments, vendors, long haul carriers, and customers.
What You Will Do:
- Compile worksheets or tickets from customer specification, assemble customer orders from stock, place order on pallets/shelves or convey order to packing station or shipping department, load orders into refrigerated trailers
- Operate material handling equipment such as forklifts, pallet jacks, automatic and hand help shrink wrapper, and conveyance
- Receive, sort, and store incoming materials according to predetermined sequence in refrigerated or nonrefrigerated rooms; mark materials with identifying information; reconcile order invoices
- Read production schedules and supply necessary packaging materials to production teams
- Maintain accurate inventory levels by recording materials received or distributed, enter records electronically
- Manually transfer and stack cases, 1/2-barrel kegs, 5-gallon kegs and 30-liter kegs from staging area onto pallets
- Organize and rotate perishable and nonperishable materials and product to maximize warehouse space
- Perform other duties as needed
Please Apply if You Have:
- 1 year Powered industrial truck experience within a production, warehouse, shipping operation preferred
- Experience with commercial tractor-trailer combination vehicles and the ability to maneuver, park and back equipment safely in and out of the loading/receiving docks preferred
- Ability to safely operate a powered industrial truck with a single-double attachment required
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and interface with various individuals who may or may not work for SNBC
- Must be an excellent team player with the ability to also work independently
- Ability to learn and master the Warehouse Management System (WMS) used for inventory control of goods
- Strong verbal & written communication skills as well as math, reasoning & space management skills are a must
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in our fast-paced environment while paying close attention to the details of our areas of operation and processes
- Forklift Certification within 30 Days required
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.
- Candidate must be able to work a graveyard shift (8 PM - 4 AM)
Before applying for this role, please review the full job description, including the physical demands and working environment: https://sierranevada.jdxpert.com/ShowJob.aspx?EntityID=2&id=2341** This position will remain open until filled; online applications will be reviewed weekly **
Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer