Job ID: 283803
U.S. Aluminum offers a full range of aluminum entrance doors, storefronts, window wall and curtain wall systems. As an industry leader for over 45 years, U.S. Aluminum has earned a well-respected name in today's building trade throughout North America.
Under direction of the QC Supervisor, this position is responsible for the proper inspection and quality of incoming and outgoing material (i.e. aluminum, vinyl, glass).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Inspect incoming materials to ensure that materials meet USAL's standards as established by die drawings and color sample and/or AAMA aluminum standard guidelines.
- Inspect Work In Progress to ensure the quality of the materials and accuracy of the layouts and fabrication.
- Visual inspection per defect commercial acceptable and/or using fit and function and tolerances.
- Log the work on inspection reports.
- Along with Supervisor to audit other workstations, monitor production and procedures to identify improvements to be made or added to SOP or Work Instructions.
Additional Desired Skills
- Need strong people skill.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of the job.
- Read and understand die drawings and tolerances in order to properly and throughout fill out QC inspection report.
- Must be able to react quickly to situations that arise from manufacturing or employees as they relate to USAL.
- Is familiar with the tools required to his job and their proper use and up keep. Ability to read and interpret basic mathematical measurements and effectively use a tape measure, caliper and other QC tools.
- Make sure material received matches with shipping manifest (products, qty, labels)
- Notify lead person or supervisor of any mechanical or material issues.
- Can fill out and submit Material Return Authorization and follow up with Purchasing.
- Help doing in-house QC calibration tools with Supervisor.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Able to drive forklift / sidewinder (training will be offered if interested).
- Has understanding and ability to other perform QC tasks such as root cause analysis, 5 Whys, etc.
About CRH Americas
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
U.S. Aluminum, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link .
U.S. Aluminum is an E-Verify Employer.
Date Posted: May 14, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Dallas Nearest Secondary Market:
Fort Worth Job Segment:
Inspection, Warehouse, Fabrication, Forklift, Engineering, Manufacturing
This job has expired.