Operates forklift and material handling equipment in distribution center and/or manufacturing area. Receives and moves all materials and products to staging or storage areas and arranges them for proper movement when needed. Performs work under the direction of warehouse supervisor/manager or material handling manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Moves raw materials and stock in warehouse or manufacturing facility, shipping lines and other storage areas using forklift and material handling equipment.
- Performs all system related transactions to ensure inventory accuracy goals. Responsible to scan all movement of product, whether it is from bay to bay, s-line to bay or loading trucks.
- Assists in preparing materials orders or truck orders and assists in maintaining accurate raw materials, pallets and carton counts for warehouse supervisor and/or material handling manager.
- Restocks raw materials and pick locations for order fulfillment.
- Loads and unloads trucks.
- Maintains clean manufacturing facility and/or warehouse and forklift on a daily basis.
- Performs preventative maintenance and minor repairs on material handling equipment.
- Responsible to adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties.
- Operate all PIT equipment per OSHA specifications, including daily inspections, dock plate is secured, dock lock is engaged, changing of batteries, ect.
- Perform Bay Consolidations per Warehouse requirements.
- Movement of product from Production Staging area into proper bay location.
- Notify Warehouse Manager/Supervisor and /or Quality Manger of any "bad" or "damaged" product.
- Participate in Annual Physical Inventory process each year.
- Complete all assigned Load Sheets (Shipping Orders) accurately and neatly via use of Barcoding Scanners.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / REQUIRMENTS:
- Stationary standing: 40% of the shift.
- Walking: 40% of the shift.
- Touching/Handling Product: 30% of the shift.
- Sitting: 50% of the shift.
- Useing Controls/Tools: 100% of the shift.
- Reaching-(Hand & Arm): 100% of the shift.
- Shifting/Twisting/Rotating core: 100% of the shift.
- Climb or Balances: 45% of the shift.
- Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or Crawl: 10% of the shift.
- Talk or hear: 100% of the shift.
- Smell: 5% of the shift.
- Ability to lift 75 pounds/Max.
- Employees may wear corrective lenses (with protective safety over glasses) PPE or use our Safety Prescription Program (Ask your HR Representative).
- Must have close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
Operating a forklift or other material handling equipment is considered a "Safety Sensitive" function. A Safety-Sensitive Function, as defined by the Company, is one that requires the operation of motor vehicles, forklifts, or motorized warehouse equipment, or one that involves inspecting, servicing, conditioning, controlling, supervising, loading, or unloading such machinery.
The Sealing Line driver will be responsible for individual compliance with all safety rules, regulations, and policy procedures. Employee's responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Compliance with all facility rules and regulations.
- Report any unsafe practices and/or conditions to their Supervisor.
- Maintain floor safety discipline by interceding with fellow employees, who may engage in rule violations and/or unsafe, unhealthy activities.
- Communicate to Management those employees who persist in violations of safety rules and/or procedures.
- Wear required personal protective equipment (PPE)/properly and reporting any defective PPE.
- Report all near misses, accidents, injuries, including Muscular Skeletal symptoms or disorders.
Employees will be working in a Manufacturing and/or Warehouse environment in all types of weather. Conditions may range from and include : hot, cold, humid, loud, working near airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and forklift traffic.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Powered Industrial Truck Certificate (In house training and licensing).
26 Republic Plaza, Middletown, New York 10940
, Newburgh, New York 12550
, Monroe, New York 10949
, Port Jervis, New York 12771
, Maybrook, New York 12543
, Wallkill, New York 12589
, Walden, New York 12586
, Montgomery, New York 12549
This job has expired.