GREAT PEOPLE | GREAT BENEFITS | JOIN OUR ALL-STAR TEAM!
Waitperson, Tipped, $15.00/hour
The Big Sur Lodge, managed by Guest Services, is now hiring Serversas we prepare to reopen our food and beverage operations this spring. Candidatesmust be highly service oriented as well as be willing to work a flexibleschedule to include nights, weekends, and holidays.
Nestled deep in the mighty redwood forest of Pfeiffer Big SurState Park, Big Sur Lodge has long been a haven for writers, artists, seekersof beauty, and weary travelers in search of the peace and majesty that theancient redwoods bestow on body and soul. Pfeiffer Big Sur State Park is oftencalled "mini-Yosemite" for its natural splendors. With the rugged centralCalifornia Pacific coastline to the west and the dramatic Santa Lucia mountainrange to the east, Big Sur Lodge offers a rejuvenating escape from the hecticpace of everyday life.
Join our amazing team at the Big Sur Lodge, which is well knownfor its exquisite beauty, dramatic vistas, and temperate climates. We worktogether every day to provide an amazing experience for our guests and teammembers alike!
This position pays $15.00/hour + tips. We have both Seasonal and Regularopportunities available!
Our team members enjoy amazing benefits such as*:
- Low cost, dorm style housing available for non-local team members/a generous commuting stipend for local team members
- Employer provided meals
- Free parking
- Discounts in our retail shop and restaurant
- Discounts on lodging (based on availability)
- Complimentary camping opportunities
- Health insurance options
- 401K savings plan
- Paid time off
- Employee discounts at recreational and lodging facilities nationwide
- And more!
*Benefits may vary depending on employment type
We also encourage our team members to take advantage of theproperty! Whether you enjoy a slow morning walk or prefer a vigorous hikethrough the numerous footpaths of this breathtaking 1,006-acre state park,you'll be welcomed by some of the most scenic wonders our country has to offer.
Apply today to join our All-star team!JOB SUMMARY
The Server is responsible for taking food and drink orders from and serving all guests in assigned section of the dining room in a fast, courteous and efficient manner. The server must ensure correct billing procedures and provide excellent service to guests, ensuring level of service meets the Company's standards.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
SKILL AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
- Greet guests in a polite, positive manner; takes beverage orders. Check patrons' identification in order to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Answer questions about the menu and takes food orders. Explains how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients, and cooking methods. Suggests any menu item.
- Submit food order into kitchen.
- Serve guests their desired entrees in a friendly, efficient manner.
- Maintain pleasant dining experience. Check on guests periodically throughout their meals and attends to their needs. Deliver check and completes transaction making accurate change when necessary.
- Perform clean-up duties after each meal service; and, prepares and sets up for next meal.
- Keep assigned tables clean and properly set up, including vacuuming and arranging tables and chairs.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Report gratuities at the end of each shift as required by Company policy and law.
- Maintain awareness of safety issues, and report them immediately to your manager.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
- Partial High School education; High School Diploma/G.E.D. equivalent preferred.
- Strong sanitation habits.
- Mathematic skills.
- Strong customer service abilities; actively looks for ways to assist customers and coworkers.
- Ability to recognize when a problem has occurred and communicate it to management.
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly frequent movements from place to place within the unit. Bend, lift, carry, reach/extend arms and hands above shoulder height frequently, or otherwise move in a constantly changing environment.
- Lifting, carrying, and pushing up to 25 lbs. regularly, 30-35 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
- Ability to stand for the entire work day.
- Climbing steps regularly.
- Withstanding temperature extremes in freezer, refrigerator walk-in and grill areas.
- Reading and writing work-related documents in English.
- Speech recognition and clarity, including the ability to understand the speech of customers and co-workers and the ability to speak clearly so that you can be understood by customers and co-workers in English.
- Constantly communicates and receives verbal communication with other employees in fast-paced kitchen.
- Physical presence at the job site is essential to perform job duties.
- Touch-screen computer. POS System and credit card machine.
- Restaurant equipment, including trays, cleaning supplies/solutions, washcloths, drink machines, etc.
Guest Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
This job has expired.