Koniag Data Solutions, a Koniag Government Services company, is seeking a VMware Administrator experienced with a Public Trust Clearance to support KDS and our government customer in College Park, Maryland.
We offer competitive compensation and an extraordinary benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with company matching, flexible spending accounts, paid holidays, three weeks paid time off, and more.
Essential Functions, Responsibilities & Duties may include, but are not limited to:
Required Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- One of your key tasks will be the daily operations and maintenance of our Cisco UCS blade infrastructure. These blades house the majority of our virtual workload in the range of 400+ servers and virtual desktops
- Administration of either Windows Server or Linux Enterprise Operating System environments. We need a strong candidate in UCS and virtualization, not as picky on which OS strength you have.
- Administration, Planning, Design, and any Upgrades of the VMware 6.x environments of our VMWare ESXi environment, experience with VROPS a plus.
- Experience of working at an enterprise level and scale.
- Timely response to daily alerts from the 24x7 operations staff on server related issues, such as space alerts, troubleshooting and provisioning new virtual machines.
- Position requirements and duties of the Systems Engineer III (VMware)
- Design, implement, and provide ongoing support of the on-premises hybrid and cloud Infrastructure.
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) for all VMware environments.
- Create and maintain an on-premises cloud, software defined data center infrastructure for both bare-metal and virtual machines with the appropriate SAN, network, or local storage configurations, using both OEM and third-party tools that include virtual storage tools and services.
- Manually and automated provision/configure of all required resources for servers.
- Evaluate, improve, and maintain the information security throughout the virtualized infrastructure.
- Monitor and correct storage issues and create recovery processes and hardware for failures and performance bottlenecks.
- Install, configure, test, and maintain system management tools, infrastructure, and server plugins.
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks, such as automated provisioning storage with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS).
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
- Ensure technical documentation exists for all systems and is kept up to date to include inventory and patch levels of all systems to include hostnames, property numbers, IP addresses, enclave, number of cores, number of processors, admin passwords, certificates, and service accounts on a monthly interval.
Working Environment & Conditions
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent with 7-10 years' related experience with minimum of 7 years administrating and troubleshooting in an enterprise environment
- Proven experience building and supporting VMware HA/DRS/SRM enterprise environments
- Solid and proven experience in either Windows or Linux system administration.
- Ability to solve complex problems spanning multiple technologies and disciplines
- Methodical approach to change execution and implementation
- Demonstrated history of developing documentation and operational process
- Ability to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commitment to resolve technical issues in a 24x7 environment
This position is primarily indoors, consistent with a standard office position and has a noise level of mostly low to moderate. The incumbent is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. The workload may require the incumbent to sit for extended periods of time. The incumbent must be able to read, do simple math calculations and withstand moderate amounts of stress. The incumbent must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
The company is an equal opportunity employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender, or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, military/veteran status, marital status, genetic information, or any other factor protected by law. We are committed to equal employment opportunity in all decisions related to employment, promotion, wages, benefits and all other privileges, terms, and conditions of employment.
The company is dedicated to seeking all qualified applicants. If you require an accommodation to navigate or to apply to a position on our website, please contact Heaven Wood via e-mail at email@example.com or by calling 703-488-9377 to request accommodations. This contact information is used for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire on a status of your application.
Koniag Government Services (KGS) is an Alaska Native Owned corporation supporting the values and traditions of our native communities through an agile employee and corporate culture that delivers Enterprise Solutions, Professional Services and Operational Management to Federal Government Agencies. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Koniag, we apply our proven commercial solutions to a deep knowledge of Defense and Civilian missions to provide forward leaning technical, professional, and operational solutions. KGS enables successful mission outcomes for our customers through solution-oriented business partnerships and a commitment to exceptional service delivery. We ensure long-term success with a continuous improvement approach while balancing the collective interests of our customers, employees, and native communities. For more information, please visit www.koniag-gs.com Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled. Shareholder Preference in accordance with Public Law 88-352
This job has expired.