We are seeking an experienced Veterinary Assistant to join our team on the overnight.
The successful candidate will be a believer in the possibilities of high quality veterinary medicine and patient care-with the expertise and technical know-how to make them happen.
In this position you will be supporting our Doctors and Technician team by creating a positive, low-stress atmosphere for our clients and patients. Duties will include:
• Maintaining cleanliness of hospital
• Assisting with and providing patient handling for medical care
• Exercising patients
• Monitor, record and report physical signs of hospitalized pets
• Performing laboratory work and assisting with diagnostic imaging
• Providing compassionate care and a home away from home for boarded and hospitalized pets
• Cross trained for front desk duties, i.e. taking payment and check-in
At VCA, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth.
• You will enjoy exposure to a diverse and stimulating caseload, employ the most advanced imaging and monitoring tools, and tap into the expertise of more than 4,500 doctors, including 600+ boarded specialists.
• You will sharpen your skills-and even learn some new techniques-and explore career options that only VCA can offer, such as continuing education, transfer, specialization, and leadership opportunities.
We offer competitive compensation and great benefits for eligible employees, including medical/dental, generous personal pet care discounts and more! At Shoreline, we take pride in the opportunity for internal growth and advancement.
At VCA we are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and want to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans Disabled.
Sign in to subscribe to job alerts