UTILITIES STATION OPERATOR I
Posting Number: SRGV5516
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Department: Campus Facilities Operations
Scope of Job:
To provide control, monitoring, troubleshooting, documentation, and notification for the status of cooling plant heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment as well as facility ambient conditions UTRGV-wide from a centralized location.
Description of Duties:
• Efficiently controls cooling plant equipment, including centrifugal chillers, pumps, and tower fans.
• Produces and delivers chilled water at the proper operating conditions to cool campus-wide facilities.
• Monitors operating parameters and alarm conditions of cooling and delivery systems and equipment based on established standards.
• Efficiently controls heating, ventilation, and air conditioning equipment UTRGV-wide from one location.
• Utilizes building automation to monitor facility ambient conditions UTRGV-wide from one location.
• Utilizes building automation to monitor facility HVAC and other equipment from one location.
• Utilizes building automation to monitor and report (as a back-up) life safety alarms from one location.
• Troubleshoots cooling and delivery systems and equipment.
• Oversees facility ambient conditions UTRGV-wide from one location.
• Documents hourly reading of cooling plant chillers, related equipment, and other instrumentation.
• Documents and reports cooling plant equipment issues to plant mechanics and/or supervisors.
• Documents facility critical space ambient conditions UTRGV-wide and reports anomalies to designated personnel.
• Acts as after-hours dispatcher for UTRGV facilities, utilities, and health and safety issues.
• Available to work shifts with short-notice, including week-ends, holidays, and during emergency situations.
• Assists plant mechanics, EMS technicians, and general cleaning of work area.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Direct supervision from the assigned supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalent.
One (1) year of experience in a technical trade, such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning (HVAC) and electrical/electronics.
Basic knowledge of standard office equipment. Knowledge of chilled water and condenser water systems or of heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Exposure to Thermal Plant conditions. Ninety percent of time is spent in noisy machine and utility room. Exposure to outside environmental conditions. Constant weekend/evening work is required. Some exposure to mechanical +and/or electrical hazards.
Must be physically able to perform strenuous physical duties associated with the maintenance, installation, or repair of Thermal Plant systems equipment. This position will be subject to a pre-employment physical.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experiance
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/01/2021
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
It is the policy of The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley to promote and ensure equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or protected veteran status. In accordance with the requirements of Title VII of the civil rights act of 1964, the title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, as amended, our University is committed to comply with all government requirements and ensures non-discrimination in its education programs and activities, including employment. We encourage women, minorities and differently abled persons to apply for employment positions of interest.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please visit our Careers site at https://careers.utrgv.edu for detailed contact information.
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/31729
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Posted 2 minutes ago
Posted 1 minute ago
Posted 1 minute ago