What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Community Healthcare Specialist - Walmart Health
Walmart Health strives to be a center of wellbeing in the communities we serve, and we have a unique opportunity to provide access to affordable healthcare to millions of people. We need passionate healthcare professionals to help us achieve our mission.
You'll make an impact as you:
About Walmart Health
- Collaborate with the community health team; create and maintain a repository of community resources by using technologies such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, and Zoom teleconferencing; coordinate and support community events in the Walmart Health Center and in the local community; perform data entry.
- Provide health resources and programs to customers by meeting patients and conducting needs assessments; assisting patients with the development of health management plans and goals; connecting customers with community resources (for example, senior centers, homeless shelters, food pantries); helping customers complete applications for benefits (for example, insurance, SNAP food benefits); assisting customers with the organization of personal matters (for example, financial and health records, appointment scheduling, prescriptions refills); and utilizing electronic databases to document and maintain records of customer encounters and interactions.
- Work with customers to meet their health goals by contacting customers in person, by phone, or in writing to ensure they have completed required or recommended actions; conducting customer interviews and providing coaching to identify and troubleshoot barriers and connect to additional resources as needed; providing feedback to health service providers to improve service accessibility or acceptability; working with state and federal public health programs to improve resources, services, and programs.
- Increase customer awareness and utilization of resources, services, and programs by conducting outreach for medical personnel or health organizations to implement community health programs; expanding knowledge and understanding of community health resources, services, and programs; working with other community healthcare workers to create a directory of community resources; conducting group presentations and health screenings within the Walmart Health Center and community settings; collaborating with the behavioral health and physical health care teams regarding customer problems and needs; and attending community meetings, health fairs, and community advisory committee meetings to understand community health issues and build relationships with community healthcare members.
- Provides and supports the implementation of business solutions by building relationships and partnerships with key stakeholders; identifying business needs; determining and carrying out necessary processes and practices; monitoring progress and results; recognizing and capitalizing on improvement opportunities; and adapting to competing demands, organizational changes, and new responsibilities.
Walmart Health is committed to making health care more affordable and accessible for customers in the communities we serve. Walmart Health was launched to provide affordable, transparent pricing for key health center services for local patients, regardless of insurance status.
The patient is at the heart of all we do. Walmart Health employs on-the-ground health providers to be a first-of-its-kind health center to deliver primary and urgent care, labs, x-ray and diagnostics, counseling, dental, and hearing services all in one facility.
#LI-AB7 #LI-WHMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
2 years' experience in community outreach, customer service, social service, or related field.
1 year's experience working autonomously with minimal supervision.
1 year's experience using intermediate functionality of Microsoft Office SuitePreferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Knowledge of health resources in the local area's communityPrimary Location...
4250 PHILLIPS HWY, JACKSONVILLE, FL 32207-6730, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.Frequently asked questions
This job has expired.
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+