What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Walmart Global Tech Platform is looking for a Director, Data and AI Management product lead. This role will be an enabler of our journey to be the world's leading data-driven retailer. This leader will be responsible for defining and delivering capabilities that support the management of data and AI models. They will drive delivery of capabilities to support adherence to data policies and standards to achieve the required level of consistency, quality, and protection to meet overall business needs that support the operationalization of data management.
The Director, Data and AI Management will build the data management organization, roles, responsibilities, and key competencies for their area of responsibility. This role requires a mix of broad business and technical acumen, the ability to inspire and influence decisions, and effective skills to communicate with key internal partners.
Building the right technology foundation for data management is vital to success at the scale of Walmart. The Data Management and Services organization focuses on managing and delivering capabilities that enable data and model lifecycle management. Data Literacy drives awareness, education and knowledge on capabilities and foundations. We build the comprehensive foundations for the definition of data across the enterprise. Third party data acquisition enables the organization to optimize their programs through utilization of external data assets. We empower our business to leverage data to fuel growth, drive revenue, build new business model opportunities supporting our culture of data excellence.
Our team gathers information about customer needs and applies our technological expertise and strategic thinking to create a product roadmap. The product journey is designed to leverage technological excellence to drive customer satisfaction. Walmart's philosophy of Everyday Low Prices is not an easy one to achieve. Being cost-effective is critical because it allows us to optimize all processes and verticals while striving for excellence. Our team is a big part of making this possible.
What you'll do:
What you'll bring:
- Define the enterprise data management roadmap including strategic priorities for data and AI model management; develop requirements and provide technical support for the on-going implementation of data management across the business and tech organizations
- Define and execute plans for data management operationalization; partner with Data Excellence functional teams to ensure delivery of communications, training, governing bodies, and business engagement of priority initiatives; support implementation of Data Management programs as SME
- Define and implement core capabilities - including but not limited to - data quality, metadata management, data lineage, and master data management programs to support business requirements
- Operationalize the AI lifecycle management including assessment, catalog, and monitoring capabilities to support business requirements
- Serve as a liaison between business, operations and technology to ensure that data-related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood and considered as part of operational prioritization and planning
- Partner with engineering team to implement tools and technology to support data and AI management strategic objectives
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and maintain a highly skilled and engaged workforce that functions as a center of excellence in the clarity of business needs and corporate alignment and communication to all levels of the organization.
- Cultivate an environment where associates respect and adhere to company standards of integrity and ethics by integrating these values into all programs and practices
About Walmart Global Tech
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with large-scale data or project management and oversight experience
- Knowledge of data management practices, business and technology issues related to management of enterprise information assets
- Experience in Agile Development, with Product Owner experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related field
- Ability to document detailed product concepts in the context of user needs, business impacts, and technical requirements
- Excellent analytical skills with demonstrated experience turning data into actionable insights
- Results orientation, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- You think and act strategically; you create strategies for your organization that align with the company's strategies and lead to the achievement of business priorities
- You build trust, respect and cooperation among teams which develop into constructive working relationships
- You promote a customer/member-focused environment. You combine experience, insight, and data to determine how to best exceed customer/member needs
- You have a healthy balance of business and technical acumen and can apply these in real-world activities
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of software engineers, data scientists, cybersecurity expert's and service professionals within the world's leading retailer who make an epic impact and are at the forefront of the next retail disruption. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. We are people-led and tech-empowered. We train our team in the skillsets of the future and bring in experts like you to help us grow. We have roles for those chasing their first opportunity as well as those looking for the opportunity that will define their career. Here, you can kickstart a great career in tech, gain new skills and experience for virtually every industry, or leverage your expertise to innovate at scale, impact millions and reimagine the future of retail.Flexible, hybrid work:
We use a hybrid way of working that is primarily in office coupled with virtual when not onsite. Our campuses serve as a hub to enhance collaboration, bring us together for purpose and deliver on business needs. This approach helps us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team and be more flexible in our personal lives.Benefits:
Benefits: Beyond our great compensation package, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer:
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1: Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or related area and 11 years' experience in product management. Option 2: 13 years' experience in product management or related area.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration, or related area and 10 years' experience as a product manager, ideally working on consumer-facing, large-scale, highly complex B2B/C products, Supervisory experience
Masters: Business Administration, Masters: Computer Engineering, Masters: Computer SciencePrimary Location...
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.All the benefits you need for you and your family
- Multiple health plan options, including vision & dental plans for you & dependents
- Financial benefits including 401(k), stock purchase plans, life insurance and more
- Associate discounts in-store and online
- Education assistance for Associate and dependents
- Parental Leave
- Pay during military service
- Paid Time off - to include vacation, sick, parental
- Short-term and long-term disability for when you can't work because of injury, illness, or childbirth
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart.com/Benefits.Frequently asked questions
This job has expired.
On average, how long does it take to fill out an application?
On average, it takes 45-60 minutes to complete your application for the first time. Subsequent applications will take less time to apply as our system saves some of your application information. Please note that some positions require the completion of assessments in order to receive consideration for that role. Those would take additional time.
Can I change my application after submitting?
No, you cannot change your application after submitting, so please make sure that everything is finalized before you hit the submit button.
How do you protect my personal information?
Processing of information on paper is minimal, and Walmart processes application information using an applicant tracking system (ATS). Access to the data within the ATS is restricted to authorized personnel, and the system itself is held to high security standards by Walmart.
What are the recommended Internet Browsers for applying for open roles?
- Internet Explorer 8.0+
- Firefox 4.0+
- Safari 4.0+
- Chrome 12+