A key member of the FHA Finance Group that is responsible for processing transactions under the direction of the Underwriting staff. This person is very well organized and able to manage several competing priorities and work with multiple borrowers at the same time. The position demands a high level of customer service and excellent communication skills.
Ready to bring your whole self to work every day? At Walker & Dunlop, we didn't get to where we are by hiring ordinary individuals. We got here by hiring the exceptional! WD is looking for individuals who are caring, collaborative, driven, insightful, and tenacious to join our team!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate an understanding of the loan application process and the information/documentation requirements of each loan program.
- Direct the collection, review, and approval of the required documentation/information for each deal and assist in resolving issues by routinely meeting with appropriate parties to discuss the status and details of the application and raise pertinent issues as necessary.
- Routinely apply "Best Practices" to the loan process as evidenced by your ability to adapt new practices that help to increase/improve efficiencies.
- Routinely and independently communicate with Borrowers (as dictated by the particular relationship), Correspondents, Loan Officers, Underwriters and Third-Party Vendors to obtain and/or provide information on a timely basis.
- Conduct timely file reviews of application exhibits to ensure that the information meets the program requirements and information needs of the underwriter and third party vendors.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the loan process:
- Mortgage Credit: Assist and facilitate the understanding of organizational structure and identification of principals; collect and analyze appropriately detailed statements of experience and qualifications for appropriate parties; collect, order, research, and analyze appropriate credit information (credit reports, trade references, previous participation, etc.) for the principals; collect and analyze appropriately detailed and complete financial information on principals; and identify potential credit, financial and experience issues and work with the Underwriter toward an appropriate resolution.
- Third Party Reports: Assist the underwriter in the ordering and tracking of third party reports; coordinate and provide third parties with appropriate information related to the property; complete the initial review and analysis of third party reports; and confirm we have sufficient funds to then coordinate the payment of third parties.
- Loan Application: Collect and maintain application exhibits in an organized manner, both the physical files and electronic files; complete the initial review and analysis of application exhibits, identifying and resolving issues and errors in conjunction with the underwriter; ensure that appropriate originals are collected and provided; coordinate the collection of signatures; and submit high quality, complete application packages to HUD with the goal of being deficiency-free.
Education and Experience
- Assist the Closer in addressing special conditions, as appropriate and assist in the collection and analysis of cost certification documentation.
- Serve as an active participant in the training sessions throughout the course of the year.
- Responsible for the assembly and delivery of the loan applications to HUD.
- Maintain and ensure that information pertaining to each deal in SalesForce, Sharepoint, and VDR accurately reflects the current status of the deals, current exhibits, important communication, and any outstanding issues and resolution.
- Adhere to naming conventions and file directory structure protocols.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic parameters of the HUD Guides, Notice, Handbooks and other resources; and, know how to research items in those resources.
- Develop and pursue a training plan to advance career and/or knowledge base.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- 1+ years of work experience in accounting, finance or a related field is strongly encouraged, and knowledge of commercial real estate finance is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to evaluate data quickly and draw sound conclusions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, along with strong time management skills and a keen attention to details.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel software and use of the Internet.
Still reading? Then we think you should apply! EEO Statement
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. SPAM
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.