The primary role of this individual will be as an individual contributor on an Underwriting team.
Ready to bring your whole self to work every day? At Walker & Dunlop, we didn't get to where we are by hiring ordinary individuals. We got here by hiring the exceptional! WD is looking for individuals who are caring, collaborative, driven, insightful, and tenacious to join our team!
What will you be doing:
The education and experience we're looking for:
- Structure, underwrite, monitor, and perform due diligence for multifamily housing products and transactions.
- Anticipate and resolve issues for customers and underwriting team.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the history and function of Fannie Mae, Fannie Mae DUS, DUS Lenders, and Freddie Mac Program Plus.
- Demonstrate understanding of the Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae methodology for building up Proforma income and expenses.
- Demonstrate understanding of Part III of the DUS Guide and Freddie Mac Guide, and periodic updates on an on-going basis in order to cultivate continuous improvement.
- Conduct site visits to assess the condition and quality of multifamily projects, their management, and their marketplaces.
- Review third-party Appraisals, Engineering Reports, Seismic Reports, Phase I Environmental Assessments and Operations and Maintenance (O & M) Reports.
- Maintain organized and fully documented Underwriting Files.
- Craft accurate and analytical Narratives for submission to Chief Underwriter with supervision from Chief and Deputy Chief Underwriters.
- Demonstrate responsibility for ensuring that the Underwriting team goals and initiatives are completed in a timely manner and needed resources are available to accomplish results.
- Work with Asset Management, Production, Closing and others as appropriate to closely monitor the performance and help develop and regularly refine benchmarks and metrics for evaluating the performance of the portfolio.
- Frequent business travel required.
- Communicate and problem-solve daily with teammates, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders, often in combination with travel
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
What skills you should have:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 3+ years of commercial real estate experience underwriting multifamily loans.
- Experience independently underwriting 12+ GSE loans required.
- Extensive knowledge of the Fannie Mae DUS and Freddie Mac Program Plus programs required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in underwriting. This includes but would not be limited to a strong working knowledge of the key players in the industry, the issues and trends facing the industry, the ability to identify and underwrite the key credit, sponsor related risks, and the ability to evaluate alternative risks carefully when structuring a transaction, and a demonstrated knowledge of property operations.
- Demonstrated analytical skills with the ability to e valuate data quickly, make decisions based on imperfect data, and take action in order to assist the team in moving its transactions forward.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Demonstrated commitment to innovation and change and willingness to take initiative to accomplish change.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute solutions to complex issues and transactions.
- Extensive multifamily experience across a wide range of financial and product executions.
- Demonstrated business management experience as well as a demonstrated capacity to provide leadership in closing deals.
- Ability to show ownership of your work, take on challenges and acknowledge growth opportunities, and demonstrate patience when learning new processes
- Courtesy, respect, and thoughtfulness in teaming with colleagues and other stakeholders
Still reading? Then we think you should apply! EEO Statement
Walker & Dunlop is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, sex, age, disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. SPAM
Please be wary of recruitment scams. An indication of a scam might be a request for sensitive or bank information at the time of application or emails coming from a non walkerdunlop.com email address. Please call us at 301.215.5500, if you have any concerns about information requested during or after the application process.
This job has expired.