As a not-for-profit organization, Mass General Brigham is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Mass General Brigham supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We're focused on a people-first culture for our system's patients and our professional family. That's why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Mass General Brigham is committed to aligning our employees' personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development-and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Mass General Brigham values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
General Summary/ Overview:
Reporting to the Manager of Business Applications in the MGB Digital department, the Timekeeping Analyst is a member of the team responsible for Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's (DFCI) workforce management technology. This role leads the delivery of high-quality, sustainable, and scalable solutions for DFCI's UKG (Kronos) Workforce Dimensions platform.
Considered an expert on pay rules for the Institute, the Timekeeping Analyst partners closely with functional owners and those groups utilizing the application products to understand workflows and business processes. This role will represent and contribute heavily to the Workforce Dimensions platform, leading solution planning, system design/build, testing, and troubleshooting as the UKG timekeeping SME with cross-training in advanced scheduling. Our team emphasizes continuous improvement, customer focus, and excellence in a collaborative environment that empowers the Institute to achieve its business goals.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with end users to document business requirements. Translates those business requirements into functional specifications for the software application.
- Configures changes to the UKG application including Pay Rules, Work Rules, Accrual Profiles, Scheduling Rules, Attendance, Access Profiles, Device Groups, Attestation, Staffing Matrices, and Employee Self-Service.
- Develops and processes timekeeping audits while producing the weekly payroll file.
- Audits time cards against various pay rules assigned, utilizing the appropriate data views and ensuring compliance with company policies and guidelines.
- Plays an integral role in successful system releases for our WFM systems (review, test and implementation)
- Follows established change control processes and understands the impact of solution changes to other business applications (e.g. PeopleSoft, Stratajazz)
- Develops and executes test plans and performs other software quality assurance tasks.
- Trains end users on the operation of software applications. Develops end user documentation.
- Provides ongoing support of the software applications by identifying and resolving issues, and escalating as needed for timely resolution.
- Provides high quality, customer-focused services.
- Runs reports, updates tables and performs other tasks associated with the ongoing operation of the software environment.
- Participates in regular team meetings to discuss team activities, issues and updates.
- Serves as back up to the Scheduling Analyst
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
- Experience implementing or maintaining Time & Attendance / Workforce Management software solutions such as Kronos Workforce Central, Kronos Workforce Ready, UKG Dimensions (preferred)
- 5+ years of healthcare workforce management technology experience
- A combination of education and experience may be substituted for requirements
- Demonstrates high personal work standards, coordinating and prioritizing multiple complex tasks to completion.
- Builds strong working relationships with internal and/or external customers.
- Demonstrates ability to meet customer needs, prioritizes work in alignment with the needs of the customer and uses customer knowledge and feedback to improve own work results.
- Experience in the development, support or operation of workforce management software applications in a healthcare setting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to successfully negotiate and collaborate with others of different skill sets, backgrounds and levels within and external to the organization
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings, both formal and informal
- Requires minimal direction from leadership and possesses the ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and other popular office productivity solutions
- No direct reports; may indirectly provide leadership and guidance to less seasoned and new staff
- No direct budgetary responsibility
- Demonstrates fiscal responsibility by effectively using Mass General Brigham/DFCI resources
- Primarily remote with possible local travel to Dana-Farber sites
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear; use hands to finger; handle; or feel; reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 5 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Normal office working conditions. The noise level in the work environment is quiet to moderate.
Mass General Brigham is an Equal Opportunity Employer & by embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, military service, genetic information, and/or other status protected under law.
This job has expired.