U.S. Property - CUO
Everest Insurance Company
It's an exciting time for Everest Group, Ltd. ('Everest' or 'the Group')! As we continue on our journey, we see significant opportunity ahead of us to expand our reach, build diversity, and enhance our capabilities in critical markets.
Everest is a leading global reinsurance and insurance provider, operating for nearly 50 years through subsidiaries in the Europe, Bermuda, Canada, Singapore, US, and other territories. Our strengths include extensive product and distribution capabilities, a strong balance sheet, and an innovative culture. Throughout our history, Everest has maintained its discipline and focuses on creating long-term value through underwriting excellence and strong risk and capital management. But the most critical asset in this organization is our people.
At Everest, we are committed to the development of our people. We offer dynamic training & professional development to our employees. You will benefit from career development and learning opportunities that will let you set career goals and fulfill them, including:
• Generous tuition/continuing education reimbursement
• Mentoring opportunities
• Flexible work arrangements
• Talent development initiatives
• Networking groups
Everest is a growth company with $14 Billion of Gross Written Premium offering Property, Casualty and specialty products among others, through its various operating subsidiaries located in key markets around the world. Everest has been a global leader in reinsurance with a broad footprint, deep client relationships, underwriting excellence, responsive service and customized solutions. Our insurance arm draws upon impressive global resources and financial strength to tailor each policy to meet the individual needs of our customers.
Our financial strength is evident in Financial Agency Ratings of: A+ A. M. Best, A+ S&P Global and A1 Moody's Investor Service. We are a market leader for our broad diversified income streams, strong underlying underwriting performance with reduced volatility and strong cash flow. We take pride in being known in the industry as nimble, entrepreneurial and responsive.
The U.S. Property team of Everest Insurance, a member of the Everest Re Group, Ltd. is seeking an U.S. Property - CUO to join our team. The selected candidate will be domiciled in Warren, NJ office (HQ).
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
This candidate will be responsible for the continued build out of a profitable book of business for Everest U.S. Property, reporting to the SVP, Head of Retail Property.
- Steer underwriting profitability by supporting risk selection and portfolio composition across our Retail Property, Wholesale Property divisions in the United States, other property exposures contained within our Everest Underwriting Partners (programs) and SIG divisions and contribute to same in our non-US (EvCan and International Property) operations.
- Develop underwriting guideline and ensure full compliance with all underwriting guidelines, authority grants and underwriting strategy through direct interaction and collaboration with all underwriters on both a transactional and portfolio basis. This would include but not be limited to: handling referrals across all divisions; ensuring the proper governance provisions are in place through the self-audit and audit processes; issuing underwriting bulletins; liaising with Product Leaders, Legal, and Product Development, to deliver suitable policy forms and endorsements; as well as Actuarial to review and delivery the proper tools to best analyze individual risk and portfolio characteristics.
- Serve as a key executive of the North American Property leadership team to establish and execute on our mission, set and manage risk appetites across products, geographies and occupancies and contribute to the overall strategic direction of the division.
- Provide on-going underwriting training and development of new and existing staff by identifying both emerging risks and growth opportunities and delivering educational content to align with same.
- Assist in the design and delivery of robust hedging strategies and serve as a key conduit to our external reinsurance brokers and partners and internal ceded re division.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
- Represent Everest Insurance Global Property at various broker & client industry conferences and events, utilize existing and develop new external trading relationships in conjunction with line-underwriters and collaborate with all other product divisions to deliver a One Everest client-centric approach.
Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- 20+ years of Property underwriting experience.
- Deep knowledge of P&C underwriting.
- Deep knowledge of Property Policy forms.
- Strong knowledge of multinational business from an underwriting, legal and compliance perspective.
- 10+ years of leadership experience.
- Exceptional oral and written communication with the ability to concisely provide executive summaries to senior management.
- Strong problem-solving analytical skills, with an ability to drive data analytics and make appropriate conclusions on results.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and timelines across a variety of stakeholders to meet targets and deliverable dates.
- Team oriented and ability to work effectively with peers.
- Demonstrated bias for action with a high sense of urgency, strong work ethic and drive for results.
- Experience with corporate governance and controls management, including processes and systems.
- Experience with a wide variety of assignments around operational workflow including systems is an asset.
- Bachelor's degree or greater.
- Some travel, including overnight or extended trips in the US is required.
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building with all business functions.
- Demonstrated abilities in employee coaching and mentoring.
- Strong analytical skills in dissecting risk and portfolio data.
- Excellent sales and negotiating competencies.
Everest is committed to recruiting and retaining the most talented individuals in the industry. We offer a dynamic work environment and a competitive compensation and benefit package which includes a 401k plan, retirement/savings option, tuition reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life and group legal plans.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All considered applicants must be eligible to work in the U.S. with unexpired, acceptable employment eligibility verification documentation.
Everest is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, genetics, physical or mental disability, age, marital status, civil union status, family or parental status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. As part of this commitment, Everest will ensure that persons with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact Everest Benefits at email@example.com.
Everest U.S. Privacy Notice | Everest (everestglobal.com)
This job has expired.