A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Everything we do in EMD Electronics is to help us deliver on our purpose of being the company behind the companies, advancing digital living. We are dedicated to being the trusted supplier of high-tech materials, services and specialty chemicals for the electronics, automotive and cosmetics industries. We foster a global collaborative organization made up of individuals who have the passion to win, obsess about the customer, are relentlessly curious and act with urgency. Together, we push the boundaries of science to make more possible for our customers.
This role does not offer sponsorship for work authorization. External applicants must be eligible to work in the US.
We are seeking a transportation specialist to support our overall business objectives. In this role you will be coordinating the safe transportation of our goods, preparing delivery/shipment schedules, and communicating with customers. To ensure success as a transportation specialist, you should possess extensive knowledge of the operational side of transportation services, and experience in a similar role.
Who You Are:Basic Qualifications:
- Review orders via SAP for daily/weekly shipments
- Create and build the deliveries and shipments in SAP
- Create pick list for operators to pull orders
- Supply carriers with transportation needs
- Familiarity with EDI concepts especially working with FF
- Perform secondary checks of staged shipments
- Serve as a back-up for other Transportation Planners within Customer Fulfillment
- Work with customer service on sales orders
- Schedule LTL/FTL and ocean container carriers
- Notify appropriate customers for inbound scheduling
- Schedule appointments times for inbound loads
- File shipping paperwork
- Complete the OTIF delivery matrix
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- 5+ years of Logistics and SAP experience
What we offer:
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience handling/shipping dangerous goods
- Good communication and computer skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Strong organizational skills
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 219904
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time