A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 58,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in Healthcare, Life Science and Electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
As a Sr Trainer at MilliporeSigma your primary responsibilities are ensuring new manufacturing staff receive proper onboarding during their first week and coordinating their initial training. In addition, the lead trainer will work with other training staff to provide hands on and classroom training for both new and existing manufacturing staff. Duties include but are not limited to:
Who You Are:
- Adhering to the MilliporeSigma Six Simple Rules at all times (show you care and think of others, see future take steps, honor commitments, listen with an open mind, explain the why, invest fully in every action)
- Ensuring new staff are greeted on day one and receive appropriate onboarding.
- Coordinating training completion for new manufacturing staff, leading training as necessary.
- Ensuring all staff are properly trained for working with highly potent APIs and Intermediates.
- Training staff on proper safety practices, in accordance with FDA, OSHA, EPA, DNR, DOT, and other regulatory agency guidelines, production plant manufacturing techniques, and maintaining accurate and concise cGMP records as a primary or secondary operator
- Working in a team environment supporting the manufacturing group
- Coordinating and supporting continuous learning for all manufacturing staff by creating refresher training that corresponds to current manufacturing activities, identifying and implementing improvement projects that improve skillset of senior employees and subject matter experts, implementing and supporting train the trainer initiatives to expand training knowledge and ability of senior staff and subject matter experts, ensuring training is coordinated and effective for off shift personnel, to include oversight of the Learning Management System for manufacturing employees, and lead continuous learning initiatives focusing on improvement of experienced staff.
- Striving to be a role model for other employees through superb work habits and excellent occupational behavior
- Representing Manufacturing in client and regulatory audits as a Training SME.
- Providing support to the Managers and other team members, under a multi-shift manufacturing environment
- BS in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent
- HS Diploma or GED equivalent and 4 + years of pharmaceutical, chemical, or related production manufacturing experience
What we offer:
- In depth knowledge of pilot plant and kilo processing
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively communicate technical procedures and practices to new hires
- Ability to multi-task while paying close attention to detail
- Possess a high degree of motivation and are a self-starter
- Proficiency with Mango, Trackwise, and SAP systems
- Prior training experience
- Demonstrated process improvement experience
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 220071
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time