Expected Travel: Up to 10%
About Teleflex Incorporated
Teleflex is a global provider of clinically effective medical technologies designed to improve the health and quality of people's lives. We apply purpose driven innovation - a relentless pursuit of identifying unmet clinical needs - to benefit patients and healthcare providers. Our portfolio is diverse, with solutions in the fields of vascular and interventional access, interventional cardiology, surgical, anesthesia, cardiac care, interventional urology, urology, emergency medicine and respiratory care. Teleflex employees worldwide are united in the understanding that what we do every day makes a difference. For more information, please visit teleflex.com.
Global Operations - Global Operations is a complex and diverse organization within the company which is responsible for product fulfilment to all our customers from end to end. We pride ourselves on being totally Customer Centric in our unrelenting focus on Improving Quality, Service and Value as perceived by our customers. Our employees are dedicated to the Global Operations Enterprise Excellence journey. Join a dynamic, growing team that offers healthcare providers an array of medical technology solutions that make a difference in patients' lives.
Primary function is to manage inventory of production tooling including purchasing, vendor selection, inspection, release, and maintenance
• Manage inventory of tooling to prevent manufacturing downtime via tooling inventory systems.
• Inspect and release all tooling in a timely manner.
• Develop and implement program for maintenance, cleaning, and repair of tooling.
• Source and implement improved cleaning methodologies.
• Maintain proper documentation.
• Manage tooling vendors and identify opportunities for improvement through new vendors.
• Ability to modify and maintain all drawings in agile.
• Working ability to manage agile ECO's and other applicable agile tasks.
• Perform detailed investigations of pinch off sizing vs catheter OD specifications.
• Elimination of temporary Videx plating and replacement with longer lasting plating options.
• Integrate Guhring into SAP ordering system.
• Performs preventative maintenance on all production equipment as determined by PM program.
• Maintains spare parts inventory for production equipment at the direction of spare parts room Lead.
• Sets up, troubleshoots, and repairs production equipment.
• Supports injection molding of disposable product components and assemblies.
• Provides facility support through the administration of outside resources and hands on support.
• Provides technical support to Manufacturing Engineering on a project basis in areas such as validation studies, prototype testing, vendor activity coordination, and minor design changes.
• Specifically assist in validation of replacement molds.
• Ensure that tooling does not pose any risk to production associates.
• Support all EHS directives and activities.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education / Experience Requirements
Bachelors Degree in Plastics Engineering preferred
3-5 years of technician manufacturing experience, preferably with some experience in the field of medical disposables preferred. Must have knowledge of injection molding and the operation of molds and equipment.
Specialized Skills / Other Requirements
Agile, SAP, Solid Works, technical review of drawings and knowledge of measurement systems and methods.
Teleflex, Inc. is an affirmative action & equal opportunity employer. D/V/M/F. Applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. If you require accommodation to apply for a position, please contact us at: 262-439-1894.
Teleflex is the home of Arrow®, Deknatel®, Hudson RCI®, LMA®, Pilling®, Rüsch®, UroLift® and Weck® - trusted brands united by a common sense of purpose.Teleflex, the Teleflex logo, Arrow, Deknatel, Hudson RCI, LMA, Pilling, Rüsch, UroLift and Weck are trademarks or registered trademarks of Teleflex Incorporated or its affiliates, in the U.S. and/or other countries.
© 2021Teleflex Incorporated. All rights reserved.