The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is seeking applications for a Threat Assessment and Management Coordinator for the Safety & Security department. This is a full-time, permanent staff position.
Salary: $81,730 - $85,000
Primary Purpose of Position: The Threat Assessment and Management Coordinator (Coordinator) serves as the University subject matter expert related to threat assessment and management and leads threat assessment and management efforts for UNC Charlotte. This position develops and manages strategic and operational plans, manages execution, and measures results of the threat assessment and management program. The position is responsible for leadership related to the review and revision of policies and procedures related to threat assessment and management that align with research, best practices, and standards for the field of threat assessment.
Minimum Qualifications: Graduation from a four-year college or university and at least five years of program administration experience, including at least two years of supervision; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Essential Job Duties:
- Chair the multidisciplinary behavioral threat assessment and intervention team that encompasses both student and employee behaviors related to threats and violent behaviors, and coordinate streamlined communication and training for members of the team so that best practices and research-based assessment tools are used to conduct thorough assessments and develop effective management plans.
- Develop and maintain consistent threat assessment evaluation method as foundation for assessing potential threats.
- Coordinate the Pre-Admission Safety Review process to assess the threat to the campus, community, property, or resources of applicants for admission to the university with prior criminal or behavioral history.
- Coordinate the Order to Leave and Not Return to UNC Charlotte review process in collaboration with Police & Public Safety, maintain records related to external unaffiliated individuals who have been issued an Order to Leave and Not Return to UNC Charlotte by Police and Public Safety, and produce a report containing this information.
- Manage and conduct preliminary threat assessments, and coordinate full threat assessments and create management plans for individuals and situations posing a threat or violent behaviors to the University community.
- Coordinate education and training for the University community regarding reporting and associated information related to the threat assessment and management process.
- Responsible for strategic and operational planning for the threat assessment and management program, and administer budget related to threat assessment and management functions.
- Collect and assess data for reporting related to threat assessment and management.
- Coordinate periodic review of University Policy 720: Threat Assessment and Management Policy to recommend appropriate edits, and maintain procedures related to threat assessment and management that align with research, best practices, and standards for the field of threat assessment.
- Coordinate periodic review of University Policy 408: Student Involuntary Protective Withdrawal Policy to recommend appropriate edits, and maintain associated procedures.
- Maintain the threat assessment and management website.
- Experience within a higher education setting working with multi-unit, multi-disciplinary teams, and coordinating institutional processes.
- Five years of experience directly involved in the threat assessment of individuals and behavioral management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with, help de-escalate, and support university students in high-stress situations, including providing necessary interventions and resources.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and manage projects that involve complex and sensitive issues, knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in coordination with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement comprehensive and multi-faceted communications, awareness and education/training programs for varied audiences.
- Familiarity with the following softwares/databases: Brandwatch, LexusNexis, Maxient, Navigate 360.
- Active membership in professional associations directly related to the field of threat assessment and/or behavioral intervention.
- Completed Behavioral Threat Assessment (BeTA) Training with the NC State Bureau of Investigations.
Salary and benefits are competitive; interested individuals should apply online at https://jobs.charlotte.edu. Search for SHRA job #000151. Applicants are subject to background checks.
The University of North Carolina at Charlotte is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and an ADVANCE Institution that strives to create an academic climate in which the dignity of all individuals is respected and maintained. Women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
This job has expired.