Are you interested in Quality and Manufacturing? If so, we are seeking an Electrical Engineer to assist in the development of test specifications and processes and performance of product testing for the Transportation Systems Division (TSD). Support production staff with testing and technical matters.
- Provide technical support to manufacturing and test staff for customer testing.
- Notify appropriate departments of problems identified during testing and assist in troubleshooting and developing solutions.
- Assist in the development of independent testing and troubleshooting processes and procedures for TSD's Propulsion, Controls and HVAC Systems.
- Assist in coordinating TSD's test facilities to meet MELCO's test requirements and development of preventive maintenance procedures.
- Organize and document TSD's test facilities and all available test equipment at these locations.
- Assist in the transfer of technology from MELCO to TSD.
- Maintain testing equipment in proper working condition, and ensure calibration as necessary.
- Prepare and maintain documentation and other paperwork as necessary (e.g. test results, results of recovery work, any customer requirements, and manuals and matrices for all test equipment, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, with 0-2 years of experience, or equivalent education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of motors, circuit protection devices and power conversion equipment.
- Intermediate knowledge of AC, DC, Analog and Digital signals and their measurements.
- Intermediate interpersonal, communication and presentation skills required to communicate with employees, vendors and customers.
- Intermediate analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings and material.
- Intermediate computer skills with emphasis on MS Office products.