PAC-CLAD/Peterson has an immediate opening for a Territory Sales Representative in the state of Missouri, Kansas and Southern Illinois. The Territory Sales Representative will achieve maximum sales profitability, growth, and account penetration within an assigned territory by effectively selling Carlisle Architectural Metals products and/or related products and services to existing and new accounts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Promote, sell, and secure orders from existing and prospective customers through a relationship-based approach.
* Promote products to the design community as well as end users to support customer sales.
* Research and source prospective customers.
* Demonstrate products and services to existing and potential customers and assist them in selecting those best suited to their needs.
* Coordinate sales efforts with marketing, sales management, and technical service groups.
* Create and manage a customer value plan for existing customers highlighting profiles, share, and value opportunities.
* Expedites the resolution of customer issues.
* Organizes personal sales strategy by maximizing the return on time investment for the territory.
* Supplies management with oral and written reports on customer needs, concerns, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services.
* Keeps abreast of product applications, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising, and promotional trends through pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services.
* Participates in trade shows and conventions.
* This position uses the following equipment in the course of the job duties:
Computer, printer, and general office supplies, telephone, and smart phone (iPhone). Microsoft Office 365, SAP
* Office setting or on the road.
* Business hours are Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm. Hours are subject to change because of travel.
* Business casual dress code.
* 60% travel with 25% of travel requiring overnight stays. High travel to customers, design professionals, sales team, and contractors. Travel may be done by vehicle, or in some cases, airplane.
* Understanding and comprehension of complex math problems and written/verbal customer demands.
* Roofing Industry Knowledge, Metal Preferred
* Ability to read architectural plans and drawings
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent customer service
* Ability to make sound decisions under stressful or very time-sensitive situations
* Solid problem-solving skills
* Strong time management and organization skills; detail oriented
* Able to prioritize work and competing tasks and utilizing company resources in an effective manner to meet customer demands.
* Ability to manage multiple, complex projects and communicate effectively with sales and operations teams
* Must have a valid drivers license.
Education and Experience:
* Must have a bachelor's degree in business or a related technical field. Experience may be considered in lieu of education.
* Minimum of five (5) years of experience working in sales and/or construction or manufacturing.
* Ability to conduct professional business daily.
* Knowledge of computer systems and previous experience with programs such as Microsoft Office Suite; SAP is desired and AutoCad Experience.
* Solid problem-solving skills.
* Strong time management skills.
* Able to read and comprehend construction documents
* Teamwork - Builds trust with others by encouraging open dialogue and collaboration. Seeks diverse perspectives to create stronger solutions.
* Managing Change - Able to keep on track despite difficulties or barriers that may be encountered. Addresses conflict to find common ground solutions.
* Continuous Improvement - Retains a mindset of always striving to make things better. Applies continuous improvement tools and processes to every aspect of the role.
* Customer Focus - Listens to understand the needs of customers (internal and external). Builds trusting relationships and seeks innovative solutions for all customers. Always has the customer's needs top of mind.
* Continuous Learning - Understands individual strengths and opportunity areas and seeks development opportunities to leverage strengths and lean into opportunity areas. Open to both giving and receiving feedback.
* Drive for Results - Always has a sense of urgency to solve problems with actions. Seeks to align goals with attainment of organizational strategy. Has a sense of ownership and personal accountability for actions taken.
* Strategic Thinking - Thinks three to five years ahead or beyond; challenges assumptions and conventional wisdom.
* Leading People - Influences others and empowers team to execute efficiently.
* Developing People - Invests time in finding, mentoring and coaching talent.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
San Diego, California
Posted about 5 hours ago
Posted 31 minutes ago
Posted 30 minutes ago
Subscribe to job alerts and add your resume to our resume database for employers!