Foods people love. Brands people trust. And a career that nourishes your future like no other.
If you're driven by the passion to do something meaningful that changes lives, Nestlé is the place for you. Nestlé USA is one of seven operating companies that make up Nestlé's presence in the United States. We're in 97% of American homes, and as the top tier food and beverage company, our goals are to continue to deliver quality food and beverage products, strengthen our local communities, and reduce our environmental and climate impact.
We're determined to challenge the status quo and be better tomorrow than we are today. As individuals and teams, we embrace our ambitious culture and have created a workplace where collaboration is essential, courage is rewarded, speed is expected, and agility is the norm to delight our consumers every single day. Here, you will find limitless opportunities to learn, advance your career, and feel empowered to succeed in the workplace and beyond. Because our focus is not only on nourishing our customers, it's about enriching you.
The Technical Project Manager is responsible for daily management and execution of assigned digital projects, including tracking cost, resources, schedule, and performance of projects.
A sense of urgency and ability to work under tight deadlines are critical for success in this role. You need to be self-motivated, agile, and driven with a results focus. Travel will be required between 50%-75% to visit manufacturing sites and events.
Apply project management tools and skills to ensure the on-time, on budget, and in full launch and flawless execution of complex projects from concept to close. Activities include:
* Leading the alignment of the strategy and approach for initiating, planning, executing, monitoring, controlling, and closing the project with key stakeholders
* Leading the definition and communication of project scope, objectives and expectations
* Identifying project resource requirements and escalating resource constraints. Resolving at own level whenever possible
* Building and managing the project schedule, defining the critical path, tracking activities to ensure functional team members are meeting agreed upon deadlines, generating and communicating status reports, and escalating critical issues.
* Preventive management of roadblocks and generation of risk mitigation plans
* Coordinating and facilitating project meetings including kick-off meetings, project team meetings, risk assessments, lessons learned, post launch reviews and additional meetings as required
* Providing transparency and communication on project status and risks to cross functional team members, Program Manager and Business Leadership Team
* Monitor progress to make sure that milestones are being met across the various assigned projects and programs in your portfolio.
* Manage the project budget(s) ranging from $50K to $3MM.
* Manage and track savings commitments ranging to multi-millions.
* Manage the risks and issues that might and do arise over the course project life cycle, as well as take measures to correct them when they occur.
* Ensure proper execution of change management for each project managed
* Manage and monitor a sub-portfolio of digital projects.
* Coordinate teams working on related projects for reuse and reapplication.
* Ensure cross-functional teams adhere to common project deliverables.
* Manage risks and issues, including taking corrective actions and escalating as necessary.
* Managing stakeholders and aligning deliverables. (Ranging from factory floor teams to occasionally VP of Manufacturing)
* Ensure project goals align with company's objectives and are clearly linked to "value" and ensure project "success" criteria is clearly defined.
* Look for and pursue, once aligned, continuous improvement opportunities in the digital space to drive simplicity and advancement of Nestle's technologies.
* Active participation in portfolio management and maintenance needs as assigned
* Other duties as assigned within the Program Management Department
REQUIREMENTS AND MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL:
* A bachelor's degree in engineering/science field preferred, or equivalent experience required
* PMP Certification Strongly preferred
* 2-4 years of project management required, 4+ years in a manufacturing environment
* Experience in food or pharma manufacturing strongly preferred
* 3+ years driving continuous improvement projects preferred
* Experience working with, influencing, and directing multiple cross functional teams at a time
* Experience managing large (million-dollar) projects, including schedules, resources
* Microsoft Projects or other equivalent experience required.
* Experience with waterfall, agile, scrum project methodology required.
* 4+ years with manufacturing systems preferred. (ERP, MES, Kronos, Poka, etc.)
* SAP experience preferred.
* Strong presentation skills will be a strong need in this role
* Program Management Core Competencies:
o Customer-Centric - Put the customer, both internal and external, at the heart of everything.
o Leadership - Has an ability to inspire and lead others to goal achievement through day to day interaction.
o Analytical - Regularly makes decisions and solved problems by analyzing information and evaluating results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
o Business and Financial Acumen - Must be able to synthesis financial information and interpret financial results.
o Communication - Communicates, influences, and negotiates with Executives, Supervisors, Peers, or Subordinates providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person. Must have excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to clearly articulate messages and requests.
o Conflict Resolution - Has an ability to remain calm during difficult situations, resolve conflicts and negotiating with others handling complaints, settling disputes, and resolving grievances and conflicts, or otherwise negotiating with others. Knows when and when not to escalate issues.
o Organization and Project Management - Organizes, plans, and prioritizes work.
* Additional Functional Skills:
o Strong understanding of project life cycle, including ability to develop and establish project controls from scratch.
o Ability to train project teams on requirements and procedures, including monitoring and enforcement as necessary.
o Ability to track progress and spending for multiple projects in alignment with overall program budget(s).
o Able to identify dependencies across multiple project and ensure coordination for successful execution.
* Additional Effectiveness Skills:
o Strong interpersonal and insight skills required in order to work effectively and negotiate within a matrix organization
o Ability to effectively lead cross-functional teams and gain consensus toward completing objectives within time constraints
o Ability to challenge the status quo effectively in a standards driven mindset while maintaining compliance and business relationships.
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.