Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is seeking an experienced Technical Designer/Draftsman to join our equipment design and supply team. As a Technical Designer/Draftsman, you will play a crucial role in developing general arrangement drawings, piping drawings, and structural steel drawings for Fired Heaters as well as other equipment for Wood technologies in emerging energy markets such as Hydrogen. The ideal candidate will have significant technical experience in drafting and design work of large industrial steel structures and in piping design.
The Technical Designer/Draftsman is expected to consistently display and enforce the Company's values and behaviors and commit to the highest standards of safe and ethical behavior.
- Work collaboratively with the design team to develop general arrangement drawings, piping drawings, and structural steel drawings for equipment design projects - primarily Fired Heaters.
- Utilize your technical expertise in drafting and design work to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with industry standards and specifications.
- Assist in the design of piping supports, ensuring their compliance with relevant codes and standards.
- Ability to design piping systems, including the layout and routing, and P&IDs is preferred.
- Conduct reviews and checks of technical drawings to identify and resolve design issues, discrepancies, and conflicts.
- Collaborate with other disciplines (e.g., process, mechanical) to integrate design requirements and ensure multidisciplinary coordination.
- Stay updated with the latest industry trends, emerging technologies, and best practices related to industrial steel structure design, piping design.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of design processes and standards
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical experience in drafting and design work of large industrial steel structures (5-10 years).
- Strong background in the design of piping systems and piping support (fired heater design experience is preferred).
- Proficiency in using CAD software (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, MicroStation etc.) and other relevant design tools.
- Thorough knowledge of industry standards and codes related to steel structure design (e.g., AISC, ASCE, AWS, API) and piping design (e.g., ASME B31.3, ASME B31.1).
- Strong technical aptitude and the ability to understand and interpret technical specifications and requirements.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with team members.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment - both face to face and virtual.
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Mechanical Engineering, Structural Engineering, or a related field are preferred.
- Professional certifications (e.g., Certified Piping Designer) are a plus.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering, helping to unlock solutions to critical challenges in energy and materials markets. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in 60 countries, employing around 35,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.