ECS is seeking a Team Manager, IT Solutions (California Site) to work in our Livermore, CA office.
ECS is currently seeking an IT Solutions Team Manager to support a newly awarded IT Managed Service Program in Livermore California. The overall program includes a 500+ work force performing Enterprise IT support, Service Desk, and Telecommunications support across multiple facilities and locations. This site represents the company by providing 28 special skilled IT professionals out of the 500+ workforce performing special tasks and projects at the customer location. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits. As the Team Manager, you will be responsible for ensuring successful delivery of services as defined by the contract at our client site. You will perform management tasks in support of IT Services and Project Technicians. You will also be responsible for ensuring on-going client, employee and end-user satisfaction. You be responsible for adherence to quality standards and established performance metrics for the site. You will be required to have knowledge of industry field services (both desktop and laptop) support practices, managing and motivating technical personnel, client negotiation techniques, and outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Responsible for the day-to-day supervision of team technicians -planning and oversight of the team and any daily associated activities.
- Exercise appropriate workflow and time management.
- Maintain outstanding customer service for the team.
- Accountable for both the team's service quality and performance.
- Ensure appropriate workload balancing for the team.
- Be the first point of escalation for customers and other IT staff.
- Provide support for all escalated service requests.
- Promote employee recognition programs and administer fairly.
- Analyze ticket trends and report issues to other IT groups as appropriate.
- Perform Clearance monitoring and assist in the maintenance activities for the staff.
- Collaborate with other teams to cross train staff to support, "Load balancing," of staff across the organization, including monitoring of the queue.
- Participate in meetings with other IT groups to anticipate changes in the client environment, propose the appropriate action plans and inform/train staff accordingly.
- Appropriately document all required information to develop and maintain Operations Guide and manuals.
- Participate in the screening, interviewing, and selection of staff for their assigned work group.
- Initiate and participate in the hiring activities for the team, training and mentoring of new staff, and in conjunction with Escalation team members, work with staff to develop training goals and plans
- Team members performance planning and reviews.
- Develop and administer corrective actions as appropriate.
- Perform problem analysis with appropriate recommendations for remedial action.
- Properly prepare team leads and personnel, for all applicable Kemtah Quality Audits.
- Escalate all pertinent issues to the Program Manager, or Deputy PM.
- Partner with your peers to communicate new solutions and assist with solution development.
- Provide prompt response to client and division requests.
- Primary point of contact with any client-related delegates or representatives.
- Provide customers with regular updates through meetings and communications.
- Conduct/participate in meetings with team staff and client management.
- Produce team required performance reports.
- Resolution of non-compliance items for the team.
- Participate in applicable IT projects.
- Develop and implement formal site procedures.
- Generate required reports and status updates for the Sr. Ops Manager.
- Other duties maybe assigned.
It has been and continues to be the policy of ECS Federal to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law. Required Skills:
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Ability to be cleared at the TOP SECRET (TS) or DOE Q/L level and the ability to maintain clearance throughout the life of the contract.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems, Communications, or have extensively demonstrated equivalent experience.
- At least four years of experience relative to the requirements.
- PMP and ITIL certifications useful.
- Active Clearance at the TS, S or DOE L level a plus.
- You must possess at least two years' experience managing and directly supervising field service operations - five years' preferred.
- In lieu of directly managing and supervising teams, two years' direct experience as a team lead, coaching and mentoring staff and/or leading projects will also be considered.
- Pay will be commensurate with experience.
- Demonstrated ability to provide managerial support for subordinate management and technical staff.
- Required to sit for extended periods-of-time.
- Knowledge of MS Exchange, Office 365: SME for Azure Active Directory, Exchange Online, Exchange Online Protection (EOP), Skype for Business / Teams, One Drive, One Note, Outlook, Power Automation, Power BI, Power Apps, O365 Live, Mobile Apps, SharePoint, Planner, MyAnalytics etc.
- Experience leading or assisting leading efforts, working groups, and gaining technical consensus in an enterprise environment.
- Program Management Professional Certification
- ITIL/ITSM V.3 or V.4 Foundation Certification
- Certifications from CompTIA, Microsoft, and/or Apple
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 3000+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.