The Johns Hopkins SAIS Master of Arts in International Economics and Finance Department (MIEF) invites applicants for the position of Teaching Assistant (TA) - MIEF for the Spring 2022 Semester. The TA's goal is to support the success of the class and students by providing students with additional academic support in a professional manner. The TA assists students in understanding content by using various teaching/tutoring strategies. This position will be based in Washington, DC, and/or virtually. Work authorization requires that the employee's virtual location must be within the United States.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Teaching Assistants may be asked to:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Attend all classroom sessions and record notes from in-class/virtual lectures.
- Evaluate student performance, including assignments, papers, and exams.
- Meet with course instructor and assist in determining grading criteria.
- Track and record individual and overall course grades in multiple formats, including but not limited to entering grade results in spreadsheets or on the online learning management system (Blackboard).
- Provide and record student grades for Early Warning, Midterm Reporting, and Final Grades according to established deadlines.
- Help maintain course Blackboard site, including but not limited to posting assignments, editing and posting notes and/or Power Point slides for student access, and entering grades as assigned.
- Grade and prepare answer keys for problem sets.
- Maintain weekly office hours to communicate in-person/virtually with students as needed.
- Receive and promptly respond to student inquiries regarding grades, assignments, and course material.
- Plan, schedule, and facilitate weekly TA sessions.
- Plan, schedule, and facilitate review sessions for exams.
- Meet regularly with instructor to discuss assignments and classroom issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned by course instructor.
- Completion of Master's Degree or working towards completion of a Master's degree is required.
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Preference will be given to applicants that have previously taken the relevant coursework at Johns Hopkins SAIS.
- Preference will be given to candidates with prior teaching experience in the relevant course content area.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with diverse populations.
- High level of comfort with technology and course format.
- Strong knowledge of content area for specific courses.
- Expertise in the following content areas: Project Finance, Business Strategies for Global Financial Institutions, Cross-Sectional and Panel Data Econometrics, Macro and Financial Time Series Econometrics, Empirical Economic Modeling and Forecasting, International Financial Organizations.
Classified Title: Teaching Assistant
Starting Salary: $19.00/hr
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Schedule: 9 hours per week
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: JHU at SAIS - Washington, DC
Department name: Masters of Int'l Economics and Finance
Personnel area: SAIS
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Washington-Teaching-Assistant-DC-20036/819556300/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.