The primary area of responsibility of the tax accountant will be in the areas of business licenses, sales & use tax returns and corporate income tax. The tax accountant will support in the preparation of all sales and use tax returns. The tax accountant will be responsible for business licenses and exemption certificates. Additionally. this position is responsible for supporting the tax department on various corporate income tax assignments which include corporate tax returns, estimates, extensions and income tax provision. Additional responsibilities include the preparation of tax account reconciliations and other functions as assigned by the Tax Director.
This role requires limited supervision from the Tax Director and the individual can schedule, plan, and establish their own priorities of the tasks they need to accomplish.
* Prepare sales and use tax returns, and other information solicited by any governmental agency to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
* Prepare all business license applications and exemption certificates for the Company
* Support the tax department in corporate income tax compliance and income tax provision
* Prepare tax account reconciliations for approval and book journal entries in general ledger system
* Support Tax Director on ad-hoc projects and other duties as assigned.
Educational and Experience Requirements:
* BS or BA degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or other related field
* CPA is preferred
* 0-2 year's experience in all areas of tax including federal and multi-state income, sales & use, property, franchise and other relevant taxes
* PC experience including Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Access
* Experience with general ledger systems, depreciation software and other relevant tax software
* A strong team player and a self-starter
* Able to work independently with little to no supervision
* Ability to work in a remote environment
* Ability to build strong internal and external relationships Ability to communicate effectively, both written and oral
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled