Job ID: 2112303
Location: OAK RIDGE , TN , US
Date Posted: 2021-09-14
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Systems Support
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Remote Work: No
SAIC is seeking a System Administrator Support Specialist to provide high level technical support for the Defense Health Agency (DHA) Composite Health Care System (CHCS), AHLTA, and other Department of Defense (DoD) Military Healthcare System (MHS) Clinical Information technology systems from Oak Ridge, TN.
The ideal candidate will possess effective communication and time management skills while working in a team environment. The position involves learning the established procedures for support, responding to incidents that are moderately complex in nature where judgment in resolving problems is imperative, taking calls, and logging trouble tickets on a proprietary incident tracking system. This includes incidents detected on VAX/VMS or Windows server computers at remote locations across multiple customers. Responses to these incidents include isolation, troubleshooting, resolution or escalation to the Managed Services Senior VMS System Administrators for assistance in resolving incidents that require advanced support and notification of appropriate points-of-contact (POC's) for the systems and coordination, dispatch and tracking of hardware equipment repair. Assists in the installation, implementation, and upgrades of internal systems. Maintains an inventory of all equipment, hardware, software and supplies. Troubleshoots, maintains, and monitors, external and internal hard drives. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, monitoring and tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, allocating mass storage space and allocating virtual machines. Understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee.
This position requires working with experienced and inexperienced systems POC's on a daily basis and interfacing with POC's from multiple service providers. This is a shift work position and the successful candidate must be flexible in days and hours worked. Flexibility with schedule to meet the customer's need is required. We are seeking candidates who live in or around the Oak Ridge area in East Tennessee.
This Department of Defense position requires that all candidates have or be able to obtain an ADP/IT-2 Certificate of Public Trust security clearance.
- High School and five (5) years or more related experience.
- Minimum 5 years working on a Help Desk or in a technical support position such as a System Administrator.
- Must have or be able to obtain a Security+ CE Certification.
- Server processes and network operations experience is preferred.
- Applicant must possess strong organizational, decision-making, excellent customer service and problem solving skills with the ability. to follow established procedures, handle multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Must be customer focused, detail oriented, a problem solver and able to prioritize work.
- Must be comfortable in a team-oriented environment and be internally motivated.
- Must be able to interact daily with supervisor, peer groups, and customers.
- Must demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication and customer service.
- An adaptive problem solver with well-balanced technical experience; should be able to demonstrate a history of addressing progressively difficult technical challenges.
- Knowledge and experience with Cache databases, Windows XP/2003, Windows 2016 Server, and familiarity with Microsoft SQL.
- Network Administration and/or Desktop support experience.
- User experience with Open Source System Management, UNIX, and Remedy ARS.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Certified Help Desk Professional (CHDP), or other relevant certifications.
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.