The Systems Application Engineer is responsible for providing technical support of a wide range of motion control products to distributors, OEMs and end users. This includes the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for educating the Kollmorgen cross functional teams on Functional Safety, assisting the development team and be the main point of contact for customers' inquiries about functional safety.
- Set up, test, troubleshoot servo control systems
- Develop and conduct training on motion control products
- Assist Development Engineers with test and evaluation of firmware and product features
- Assist Manufacturing with customer return evaluation
- Assist Sales Engineers develop product familiarity and empirical application knowledge
- Assist Marketing with reviewing, editing and product manuals
- Write motion control Application Notes and Articles
Job Requirements Critical Competencies
Education and Experience Requirements
- Understanding of motion control theory
- Understanding of various fieldbus protocols
- Experience with multi-meters, oscilloscope, schematics
- Capable of working independently with customer in troubleshooting and set up of motion control systems.
- Experienced with reading schematics and wiring, shielding and grounding practices.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Capable of working with Manufacturing, Engineering and Sales groups for technical assistance.
- Travel 15 - 20% to customer sites.
- Critical thinking and complex problem-solving skills to identify alternative and correct solutions.
- Self-motivated and capable of completing tasks without supervision and within time limits.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Minimum Associates Degree in Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering required
- Three years of motion control experience preferred
Physical demands-must be able to occasionally life up to 50 pounds with or without reasonable assistance.
Work environment-this role requires working within the engineering lab which contains various motion amplifiers, servo motors and PLCS using high voltage (480 VAC). Working in the lab can be loud and also requires the use of personal protective equipment.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.