Job ID: 2113774
Location: WASHINGTON , DC , US
Date Posted: 2021-09-15
Category: Information Technology
Subcategory: Sys Administrator
Shift: Day Job
Minimum Clearance Required: Public Trust
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Remote Work: Yes
SAIC is looking for a System Administrator (Microsoft System Center Operation Manager/Monitoring Engineer) to join our team supporting the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC).
The SCOM Engineer will provide support for our data centers that host core applications and infrastructure. This position is part of a team that tracks system performance using in-place monitoring tools such as SCOM and vCenter to support comprehensive monitoring and application performance and availability.
The daily functions of this role include:
- Perform administrative tasks from the System Center Operation Manager console
- Provide application support for the SCOM platform and create and maintain monitoring and notification rules
- Review and update SCOM console security, apply patches, create SCOM console roles and reviews, and create and install custom Management Packs (MP) as needed
- Deliver SCOM views via Remote Desktop Web Access, create custom reports on results of SCOM monitoring, use SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) technologies, and provide problem resolution for SCOM components and related custom scripts
- Work with project managers and peers to understand and solve challenging technical problems, produce effort estimates, and improve system functionality and reliability
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and at least five (5) years of related SCOM experience
- Experience with the installation, configuration, and administration of Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2019
- Experience in application /network performance and availability monitoring
- Experience using the Microsoft Windows PowerShell scripting engine to automate tasks with SCOM
- Experience with System Center Configuration Manager 2016-19, System Center Service Manager 2016-19and System Center Orchestrator
- Experience with major Microsoft technologies including PC and server operating systems, Active Directory, Exchange, SharePoint, SQL Server
- Knowledge of server virtualization technologies, preferably VMware and/or Microsoft Azure technologies
- Knowledge of multiple processor systems, RAID hardware, SCSI attached, and storage area network solutions
- Experience with HP and EMC hardware preferred
- Knowledge of data backup, replication and encryption technologies
- Experience with Veritas Netbackup, Azure PaaS, IaaS, VMWare preferred
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN network infrastructure technologies
- Experience with Executive Dashboards preferred
- Knowledge of PowerShell HTTP, HTTPS, TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS, SSH, TELNET, SNMP and FTP
COVID Policy: Prospective and/or new employees will be required to adhere with SAIC's vaccination policy. Full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work onsite at an SAIC location. If applicable, prospective or new employees may seek an exemption to the vaccination requirement at Contact Us
and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Employees working onsite at a customer location must comply with customer requirements which may include mandatory vaccination, mandatory attestation regarding one's vaccination status and mandatory weekly or bi-weekly testing.
Target salary range: $100,001 - $125,000. The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range for this position based on experience and other factors.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com
or Working at SAIC
for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
This job has expired.