Description: Our client is currently seeking a System Access Specialist, who under moderate supervision, responsible for the administration of access to all technological platforms of the university, ensuring proper control of access to IT and data assets, and analyzing various policies and procedures to ensure security compliance for all systems.
This job will have the following responsibilities:
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Fulfill the requests for access for verified users to multiple technologies across multiple platforms and departmental units. Request fulfillment includes new user provisioning, file share access, access to various systems and networks, and off boarding of users from those same resources. Off boarding process requires contact and alignment with employee's supervisor and/or Central HR. Identify violations of security compliance for HIPAA and FERPA, coordinating with Information Security and Central HR to address the issues.
- With a thorough understanding of the integrated collaboration of the academic and medical university, create and modify email resources such as calendars, shared mailboxes, rooms and distribution lists for multiple departments in the email environment. This includes the request for public facing email accounts, add and removal of members to a distribution list and identifying email routing issues. Utilizing PowerShell, SQL and other various applications to complete requests and extract information for auditing purposes. Upwards of 60,000 active mailboxes are supported.
- Performs the day-to-day activities to ensure communication of time-critical information and to maintain consistent customer service levels. Provide escalation support from engineering and technical support specialist for access and routing related issues in Active Directory and university email.
- Assess with the other team members the various PowerShell scripts and SQL commands as well as develop scripts to improve productivity through the continual improvement process.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technology field preferred
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience/Certification in Microsoft Active Directory
- Experience/Certification in Power Shell
- Experience with MS SQL
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com