Survey Field Technician/Rod Person
Career Area: Geomatics / Land Surveying
What We're Looking For:
Barge Design Solutions is seeking to fill a Survey Field Technician position in Atlanta. The position primarily assists field and/or office staff learning how to operate equipment in order to execute proper surveying techniques in the field. Individuals will work under supervision of an experienced surveyor and will work with processing data, traffic control, and operating survey instruments.
Education & Experience Qualifications:
- Sets up, adjusts, and operates survey rod
- Processes data from manual or electronic field books
- Performs basic field calculations of horizontal and vertical geometry of roadways under supervision
- Retraces or surveys boundary lines under supervision
- Performs calculations for construction stakeout for review
- Assists in researching existing record information, including record maps, plans, deeds, easements, and right-of-way documents; and maintain field data records
- Performs other duties as required
Why join us?
- High school diploma or equivalent and minimal experience
- Ability to read and understand various types documents and operate instruments in order to provide accurate information
- Strong attention to detail
- Valid driver's license and sufficient driving record
- Ability to work varying schedules
- Ability to travel at times, and overnight
- Daily work environment includes working out of doors and in rough terrain. Individuals will walk, sit, stand while operating various equipment, tools and machinery. Individuals may need to carry, push, pull, or lift up to 50. Individuals may need to climb to various elevations and requires visual acuity sufficient to read alpha/ numeric symbols and perform computation and design
Barge Design Solutions, Inc., is an engineering and architecture firm with diverse in-house multidisciplinary practice areas. The employee-owned company is more than 400-people strong and serves clients nationwide from multiple U.S. locations. Barge is ranked No. 171 on Engineering News-Record (ENR)'s 2021 Top 500 Design Firms list, is No. 177 on Architectural Record's Top 300 Architecture Firms and is a certified Great Place To Work®.
Our primary purpose for being in business is ultimately to create a better life by unleashing the potential of our people, clients and communities. This purpose is supported by our company's core values because at the end of the day, Barge CARES:
- Collaborate - Help and expect help. Teamwork is essential in what we do.
- Authentic - Honesty, integrity and trust are at the heart of everything we do. We are who we say we are.
- Responsible - We are accountable for our work, our attitude, and our actions. We make Barge better.
- Excellence - We go all in and expect more of ourselves than others expect of us.
- Service - We are humble. We use our gifts in service of others.
We believe that if we are living out our purpose for being in business and integrating our values into everything we do, we will ultimately achieve our vision to be the firm best known for being selected when it matters most.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status or on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
This job has expired.