Information Technology (IT) supports the vision, values, mission, and goals of the University through providing IT infrastructure, systems, administrative applications, academic resources and related services to faculty, students and staff. Embracing DU's Impact 2025, the division partners with administrative and academic units to align strategic goals and operational plans, providing unified service in the spirit of "One DU".
Under the direction of the Assistant Vice Chancellor of IT Campus Partnerships, the IT Campus Partnerships Department provides collaborative and strategic partnerships with academic and administrative units, unifying IT staff through efficient and effective support structures.
The Support Specialist position is a full-time employment opportunity, reporting to the Head of IT for Morgridge College of Education (MCE), and resides within the MCE. This position will support technology and audio visual (AV) in Katherine A. Ruffatto Hall (KRH) a 4-story building housing 35 staff, 50 faculty, 3 research institutes, and 800 students. This position will be responsible for managing day-to-day communications, technology deployment, staffing, and overall operations for IT and AV support via email, phone, and walk-in for MCE and other KRH constituents. The Support Specialist's primary responsibilities are as follows:
- Responsible for providing rapid response desktop support to MCE and other KRH constituents.
- Responsible for AV equipment maintenance, operation, and upgrades at MCE.
- Provides rapid response classroom technology support and training to faculty, staff, and students at the college for all instructional technologies and equipment at MCE.
- Schedules and supports all event related technologies for both internal and external clients in KRH.
- Lead desktop support operations for MCE and KRH.
- Maintain, support, and update AV technologies.
- Purchase and inventory software and technology hardware (including but not limited to computers, printers, webcams, etc.) and deploy to MCE faculty and staff.
- Support computer labs and classrooms at the college and coordinate technology support and training for hardware and software via phone, email, and walk in.
- Track all MCE support service requests, customer tickets, and projects with Technology Specialist and Website Administrator utilizing Trello or another project management interface.
- Liaison with Information Technology at DU, the Anderson Academic Commons, and the Office of Teaching and Learning on various tasks that require their support.
- Maintain the student computer lab and computer classrooms.
- Serve as public face and primary support contact for all IT and AV needs with MCE.
- Ensure all technical support phone calls, voicemails, and email requests are addressed in a timely and consistent manner.
- Coordinate AV details for MCE events. Manage and support AV setup, support, and breakdown for event spaces throughout KRH including a 200-person space with advanced AV systems including mixer and Crestron control system.
- Coordinate software licenses and upgrades assure access that faculty, staff, and students can access important software. Maintain inventory of licenses and manage deployment.
- Manage and lead direct reports including 3-5 part-time employees. This includes assigning schedules, managing support requests, customer interface and follow up, and project management to ensure all MCE. Support requests and inquiries are addressed in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to gather and organize information for the purpose of identifying needs and possible solutions.
- Skilled in providing information technology related customer service to users with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Ability to troubleshoot mobile devices, including iOS, Android, and Windows Phone operating systems and applications.
- Must be able to manage projects, work independently, and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated customer service skills including extensive experience acting as the public face for IT and AV support as well as with managing support staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex, technical concepts and information to a wide range of users.
- Ability to work with a variety of people with diverse backgrounds, skill levels, and perspectives on the use of technology in a variety of learning environments.
- Demonstrated communication skills including ability to provide rapid responses to complex IT and AV problems.
- Ability to manage and lead IT and AV staff.
- Ability to project manage AV installations and IT infrastructure upgrades.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Computer Engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 years of progressive work experience in AV and Technical Support.
- 2 years of experience in the setup and operation of digital presentation (audio amplification, digital media, projection systems, data communications).
- 1-2 years of experience leading technology support teams
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field.
- 5 or more years of progressive information technology experience.
- Technology experience in a college or university environment.
- Experience with Crestron AV systems.
Regular expected hours for this position will be Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm. Occasional early morning, later shifts, evening and weekend work will also be required depending on operational needs of MCE or KRH events. Work location will be on-site at KRH during all scheduled shifts.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on January 10, 2022.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number:
The salary grade for the position is 8.
The salary range for this position is $50,000-$55,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidate's sex or any other protected status.
This job has expired.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.