HORIBA Scientific is our global team focused on improving and exceeding customers' present and future needs by integrating the scientific market expertise and resources of HORIBA. HORIBA Scientific product offerings encompass elemental analysis, fluorescence, forensics, GDS, ICP, particle characterization, Raman, spectral ellipsometry, sulfur-in-oil, water quality, and XRF. Prominent absorbed brands include Jobin Yvon, Glen Spectra, IBH, SPEX, Instruments S.A, ISA, Dilor, Sofie, SLM, and Beta Scientific. By combining the strengths of the research, development, applications, sales, service and support organizations of all, HORIBA Scientific offers researchers the best products and solutions while expanding our service and support with a fully global network.
HORIBA Instruments is looking for a Assembly, Supervisor for their Piscataway, New Jersey location.
Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for a small team to assemble, build and test electronic and mechanical instrumentation and sub-assemblies.
- Maintains status on all products in the manufacturing area to ensure they are kept on target per customers schedule.
- Assists in establishing manufacturing metrics for the mechanical and electrical areas.
- Maintains adequate supply inventory levels
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment.
- Performs audits on various products to ensure mechanical and electrical conformance.
- Identifies various training needs for functional areas.
- Acts as liaison between manufacturing personnel and engineering.
- Working supervisor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills Demonstrated By:
- Electronics and supervisory background required.
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge and experience with electronic test equipment and soldering skills.
- Good leadership skills required.
- 2-4 year degree or technical diploma preferred
- Ability to establish manufacturing metrics for mechanical and electrical areas.
- Ability to perform audits on various products to ensure mechanical and electrical conformance.
- Ability to generate and maintain accurate manufacturing related documentation.
- Ability to develop and modify production scheduling to ensure the most cost-effective, efficient and timely completion of projects.
- Ability to effectively resolve manufacturing issues with vendors, engineering and subordinates.
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call (732)494-8660 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
This job has expired.