AmTrust Financial Services, a fast growing commercial insurance company, has an immediate need for a Workers Compensation Supervisor. The workers compensation claims supervisor is responsible to supervise activities within the worker compensation lost time claims department. This may encompass supervision of administrative tasks and staff or oversight of the investigation of insurance claims involving workers compensation, property or casualty claims based on coverage, appraisal and verifiable injury or damage. This position involves the direct handling of tasks and/or claims in addition to supervision of staff. The WC Supervisor reports to the WC Manager.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- May oversee the handling of all aspects of the claims assigned to the unit including reserving, communication, documentation, evaluation, negotiation and settlement
- Ensures all claims eligible or ineligible for payment conform to quality, production standards, and specifications
- Ensures claim processing is consistent with applicable policies, procedures and department guidelines
- Analyzes and approves workers compensation claims
- Completes regular quality audits of staffs work, records results and counsels staff to bring work to or above standards
- Prepares regular periodic reports and monitors system reports to ensure adherence to corporate and regulatory standards
- Establishes and executes controls to assure that the quality of the work meets or exceeds standards
- Reviews and analyzes processes, procedures, and workflows to identify opportunities for process improvement and efficiency
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of work experience and education required
- 5+ years' experience in workers compensation insurance industry
- Valid adjusters license in appropriate jurisdictions or ability to obtain such
- Basic understanding of laws, principles of coverage, liability, and insurance industry in general, with specific emphasis on workers compensation
- Leadership skills: ability to plan, organize, delegate, and develop corporate human resources
- Ability to work with little supervision and direction
- Ability to operate business technology
- Ability to manage personnel administration including employee evaluations and salary administration
What We Offer:
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time.