It's a great feeling to work for a company that does so much good for others around the world!
Education: Preferably, a Child Development Associate certification (CDA) in early childhood, human services or related field. Minimally, a high school diploma or its equivalent and six months of related experience in early childhood.
Experience: Preferred that the applicant has at least two years of related experience in the preschool classroom setting.
Job Summary: The Substitute for a Head Start Classroom is responsible for the daily operation of a Head Start or Early Head Start classroom and the implementation and coordination of all Head Start functions.
- Responsible for assisting in the education and daily program of a Head Start or Early Head Start classroom.
- Assist with implementation and coordination of all Head Start or Early Head Start functions.
- Identifies, reports, and provides supportive services in child abuse/neglect cases, notifying the Center Coordinator and/or Center Coordinator/Family Specialist
- Assist in the implementation of lesson plans.
1. Assist in providing educational experiences that will:
- Instill in each child a good self-image and sense of self-worth
- Develop language art and skills for all children
- Include multi-culture, folklore, etc. into the program
2. Ensure all children receive individual attention.
3. Be in the classroom before children arrive each morning unless designated by the supervisor to another duty.
4. See that all areas are safe including:
- Classroom and outdoor equipment
5. Make the best use of volunteer help.
6. Assist with child assessments and screenings.
7. Assist on field trips and other school functions.
8. Assist with home-style meal service for the children.
9. Report illness or accidents to the Center Coordinator and/or Center Coordinator/Family Specialist.
10. Report student absences of three days or more to the Center Coordinator and/or Center Coordinator/Family Specialist.
11. Attend workshops, conferences and all in-service training.
12. Maintain mandated training hours and documentation as required.
13. Assist in keeping the classroom and other areas clean and neat at all times.
14. Show competency, good judgment, and self-control in working with Head Start or Early Head Start children.
15. Acquire and maintain up-to-date training/certification in CPR and First Aid.
16. Assist with daily activities including staff/child ratio, discipline and safety of all Head Start or Early Head Start children.
17. Assist with other duties as assigned by Center Coordinator and/or Center Coordinator/Family Specialist.Requirements
• Must be able to serve and effectively communicate, to the extent feasible, with children and families with no or limited English proficiency.
• Working knowledge of business English, spelling, punctuation, and arithmetic.
• Computer literate.
• Ability to work effectively without extensive supervision.
• Ability to operate all office machinery.
• Ability to function with diplomacy and tact.
• Handle all student information with the utmost confidentiality.
• Report suspected child abuse/neglect to administrator and law enforcement agency.
• Abide by all policies and procedures.
• Abide by DFPS and OHS regulations and standards.
• Ability to work as a team player.
• Must have reliable transportation.
Here at INK, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace. Please feel free to apply for this position even if your work experience and education do not align perfectly with every requirement for this job description. You may very well be the perfect candidate for this role or other ones that we have open. Thank you for your interest in joining our mission!
INK is committed to following immunization recommendations produced by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC). As such, our company policy requires that all employees must receive an annual Influenza vaccination or obtain an approved exemption as a medical or religious accommodation. This is a condition of employment, and all new hires will be responsible for providing proof.
INK is an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of INK, not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignments, benefits, layoff, and termination.
English (United States)
If you like to work with people that believe they can make a difference in the world, this is the company for you!EEO Statement
It our policy to provide equal employment opportunity and treat all employees equally regardless of age, race, creed/religion, color, national origin, immigration status or citizenship status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, sex/gender, gender identity, gender expression, disability, genetic information or genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, partnership status, victim of domestic violence, sexual or other reproductive health decisions, or other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Click here to view the "EEO is the law" poster
This job has expired.