Student Records Administrator
The Registrar's Office is seeking a Student Records Administrator who will work under general direction of the Director of Student Records and will have direct responsibility for the daily operations management of the Registrar's Office, including course and room scheduling, academic records and grading, leave of absence and withdrawal processing, graduation, reporting and enrollment projections, and transcript and verification services.
The Student Records Administrator oversees the office's registration and academic records processes. The Student Records Administrator serves as the second in command on a regular and ongoing basis. The Student Records Administrator has primary responsibility for the operation of the web registration process (including interdivisional registrations) and is the functional expert for the process in the university's student information system.
The Student Records Administrator manages data operations and data integrity, and serves as a data steward for SAIS. The Student Records Administrator also coordinates, makes recommendations, and implements established data procedures in the student information system to ensure data are current, complete, and accurate. This position is one of the primary testers of new technology enhancements for the unit.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Transcripts & Verifications (30%)
- Manages the technology side of registration, including SIS configuration and setup in support of course maintenance, registration, and grading.
- Manages the course and room scheduling process by collecting information from faculty, entering the data into the student information system, and proofing the system for accuracy. Assigns rooms for courses in the fall and spring semesters for the Washington, DC campus.
- Manages course and section creation in the student information system, and ensures that course descriptions and prerequisites are accurate.
- Develops, recommends, implements, and evaluates new registration and records processes and policies, in an effort to meet the changing needs of each of our constituencies, including students, faculty, and staff.
- Maintains waitlists for oversubscribed courses.
Customer Service (20%)
- Processes transcript requests from current and former students in both paper format and electronically via the National Student Clearinghouse.
- Processes enrollment and degree verifications requests from students, alums, and third parties including federal investigators and background agencies.
- Serves as campus notary for SAIS students, faculty and staff, and for the certification of official University documents
Reporting & Data Management (10%)
- Manages the Student Case Management system (SCM) by reviewing new cases, responding to simple inquiries, and escalating complex cases as needed.
- Be the “second line” at the school's Registration Office to handle walk-in customers who require a higher level of service.
- Acts as primary divisional contact for the Call Center (CMD).
Special Projects (10%)
- Ensures the integrity, accuracy, and security of all academic records of current and former SAIS students; overseeing maintenance of those records, which includes grade changes, transcript notes, program changes, posting transfer credits, name/SSN changes, etc.
- Manages the resolution of data errors, including the correction of information reported to the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC).
- Supplies statistical data for internal requests.
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Provides technical support to the design and implementation of systems that enhance access to student information, streamline processes, and improve delivery of registration services to all SAIS stakeholders.
- Manages the ordering of diplomas for graduates.
- Tests functionality for system enhancements.
- Attends meetings as needed as the representative of the SAIS Registrar's Office.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- 1 year related experience required.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible and extensive professional experience in higher education administration and records management preferred
- 3+ years of experience with comprehensive student support services for graduate students preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with student course scheduling software or similar database preferred.
- 3+ years of experience with FERPA and other federal and state laws/policies regarding student records confidentiality and ability to interpret and apply preferred.
* Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Computer & Other Special Needs:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding customer service and communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and data management skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are critical.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities.
- Have exceptional initiative and judgment; and customer-service orientation.
- Ability to work effectively with faculty, administrators, students, alumni, and external constituents.
- Proficiency in basic data management systems and basic computer applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- Willingness and ability to learn additional applications as needed.
- Flexibility in dealing with a very diverse culture.
- Commitment to diversity and to serving the needs of a diverse population.
Degree of Independent Action Performed:
- Standard office equipment.
- Excellent technical skills related to various computer technologies, including familiarity with mainframe and PC-based computer systems is essential.
- Experience with at least one relational database/Student Information System (SIS).
- A complete understanding of nationally recognized standard practices and procedures for Registrar's Offices.
- Knowledge of Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- A thorough understanding of School and University registration procedures as well as the School's course and student database systems.
- A strong working knowledge of the School's academic policies relating to degree requirements, grading policies, and academic progress.
- Ability to consistently provide accurate data and maintain confidentiality of sensitive and/or personal information.
- Certification as a public notary in Washington DC or Maryland, or the willingness and ability to become certified.
Internal & External Contacts:
- This position functions independently with normal oversight by the Director of Student Records.
- This position offers the opportunity to work remotely ONE day a week with the proper approval of Human Resources.
- Students, Faculty, Administrators, Deans, outside vendors, IT staff, University departments and administrators.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard.
- Ability to see within normal parameters.
- Ability to hear within normal range.
Classified Title: Student Records Administrator
Starting Salary Range: $45,650 - $62,850 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/JHU at SAIS - Washington, DC
Department name: Registrars Office
Personnel area: SAIS
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfTo apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Washington-Student-Records-Administrator-DC-20036/821659100/
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
This job has expired.