Strategic Account Executive – Hargray Fiber
Are you looking for a career where you get to negotiate prices, terms of sales, and services agreements for customers in the telecommunications industry? Are you a sales professional that enjoys contacting current or potential customers to promote products or services? Then you should join the Hargray Fiber Team as a Strategic Account Executive!
The Strategic Account Executive is responsible for the acquisition, retention and overall satisfaction of large strategic accounts in Macon, GA. The ideal candidate for this position will have knowledge, experience and familiarity with consultative selling to State, Local, and Federal agencies and strong backgrounds in sales to the K-12 and Higher Education sectors.
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of almost 600 colleagues across 8 locations is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities: Including but not limited to the following.
- Prospects for new business through a mix of phone and field work. Qualifies prospective customers on the basis of their needs and associated spend as well as on the economics of bringing network services to these prospects (capex/opex).
- Understands and abides by business case process in order to determine whether a specific opportunity is economically desirable based upon the IRR and other key financial measurements.
- Must be financially literate, possess business acumen, and be astute in understanding financial implications of decisions in regard to capital expenditures, cost of ownership models, ROI, etc.
- Coordinates/reviews/recommends pricing for all Federal Government bids, RFPs, RFQs, Sales proposals, and contract submittals for opportunities within assigned accounts, and signs bid documents as appropriate.
- Enters all sales activity into Salesforce.com CRM system on a daily basis including notes related to discussions and/or emails with prospects and customers. Accurately updates Salesforce.com opportunities daily to show the status of potential sales including monthly recurring revenue, probability, products/services, and anticipated close dates.
- Proactively and effectively communicates the benefits of Hargray’s products and services, maintaining primary relationship with identified and potential strategic accounts.
- Schedules in person visits with the decision-maker from each strategic account once per quarter.
- Speaks with the decision-maker from each account on a monthly basis.
- Looks for revenue growth opportunities within existing customer base.
- Focuses on proactive customer touches to discover potential service issues or billing related problems.
- Demonstrates a practical and efficient working knowledge of all of the products and services sold by the Sales Department.
- Works in conjunction with Sales Engineer to determine service capabilities and requirements for strategic accounts.
- Provides training and knowledge assistance, as required, on the use of products and services sold to internal and external customers.
- Coordinates service order activity associated with all job-implementation packages for strategic accounts and other related details associated with implementation and service for all products marketed by the Sales Department, working with Business Sales Support.
- Communicates with other departments as needed to facilitate a smooth service installation of products sold.
- Helps analyze, research, resolve, refer, and follow up on customer complaints regarding billing, credits, and services in an expedient and professional manner.
- Communicates independently, effectively, clearly, and professionally with customers, employees, supervisors and managers to establish and maintain considerate and cooperative relationships. Handles customer requests and communications by phone, E-mail, fax, mail and face to face.
- Keeps abreast of current industry trends and practices as they relate to customer service and makes appropriate recommendations to the Sales Manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Business Sales to ensure effective operation of the Sales Department.