The Stocking Associate's primary function is to keep pick locations and back stock/overflow locations stocked with products for Order Pullers. This position will also respond to "out-of-stocks" and general flow rack problems that Order Pullers may encounter. This position works with general supervision; interacting with a supervisor several times a week to receive guidance and feedback. Most non-routine activities will require a supervisor's advance approval.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES*
* Respond to Order Pullers' calls for assistance regarding "out-of-stocks" and general flow rack problems.
* Replenish pick locations with products in back stock/overflow.
* Stock pick locations and back stock/overflow locations with products received.
* Use handheld inventory computer or printed information to find back stock location of products.
* Record changes to back stock/overflow locations.
* Move wooden pallets of inventory from one location to another using hand pallet jack.
* Push and move stuck totes/cartons down flow rack using wooden pole.
* Open cardboard boxes using manual box cutter.
* Lift, move and stack wooden pallets and arrange products into totes.
* Pick up and discard paper, packing/wrapping materials, empty cartons, and all trash/debris throughout work shift.
* Communicate to management all issues that could result in process delays, safety risks, or those that might cause financial loss to GameStop or physical injury or lost time for its associates.
* Work closely with other team members to ensure daily production, quality, and safety goals are achieved or exceeded.
* Follow all known safety procedures and utilize good judgment at all times.
* Continuous Improvement - Originating action to improve existing conditions and processes; using appropriate methods to identify opportunities, implement solutions, and measure impact
* Planning and Organizing - Establishing courses of action for self and others to ensure that work is completed efficiently
* Quality Orientation - Accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time
* Safety Awareness - Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards
BASIC AND PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
* Must be at least 18 years of age and present state-required proof of age documents
* Must be able to lift and/or move boxes, totes and other objects weighing up to 50 pounds
* Must be able to bend, stoop, climb on ladders, and drag wooden pallets weighing up to 60 pounds on an infrequent, as needed basis
* High school diploma or GED required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, JOB SKILLS, ABILITIES
* Working understanding of basic math functions (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
* Working knowledge of business computer systems and applications - specifically, Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel
* Ability to communicate effectively with others using spoken and written English
* Possess the dexterity to utilize writing utensils (pen/pencil), calculators, small hand-held tools, manual razors and other mechanical/electrical equipment without assistance
* Ability to organize, prioritize, and control job responsibilities in order to meet established deadlines
* Ability to recognize discrepancies in written/recorded data/information
* Ability to understand and comply with all GameStop policies and procedures, including but not limited to, those related to attendance, safety, conflict of interest, confidentiality, honesty and ethical conduct