Republic Group, a subsidiary of AmTrust Financial Services, AFSI, is seeking a Personal Lines Professional to act as a Personal Lines State Manager for the state of Texas. This position is accountable for the successful execution of all corporate initiatives and financial objectives for a specific state(s) through the development, monitoring and achievement of short and long term objectives identified in our state strategies. This will require working extensively through internal cross department and external agency collaboration. The position reports to the head of PL Sales and Marketing.
- The point person for all aspects of specific state operations. Responsible for communicating state specific strategies and initiatives within the company and the state agency plant. Also communication of field intelligence to department personnel.
- Develops short and long term state strategies to achieve needed corporate profitability and premium volumes by creating action items which incorporate:
- Agency plant management
- Product development and maintenance
- Underwriting initiatives
- Agent and insured interactions
- Responsible for business quality, growth / retention objectives, rate adequacy, agent interface systems, product appropriateness within the marketplace, and agency relations at the state level.
- Aligns jointly with regional sales managers, underwriting, product development, actuarial, claims and operations partners to drive profitability and overall business performance for the specific state(s).
- Closely manages plan results including report creation and analysis of state results. Monitors the execution of specific actions within the plan. Initiates the implementation of specific actions to address financial and execution shortfalls not specifically addressed in the state plan.
- Communicates to stakeholders any observed obstacles within the company, within the agency plant and also within the personal lines marketplace. And where necessary, initiates and monitors projects to remove the known obstacles in order to reach strategic goals.
- Works to maximize collaboration and team connectivity.
- Monthly and quarterly reporting of state results and progress as it relates to corporate objectives.
- Develops and nurtures strategic alliances within the agency plant including agency cluster management and management of individual key agencies.
- Gathers and evaluates state specific industry trends, competitive intelligence, customer feedback, and financial performance in order to identify trends or emerging issues requiring adjustments to agency documents, processes, products or rates.
- Maintains an active external industry presence in order to cultivate opportunities for all business units throughout the corporate enterprise.
- In cooperation with the appropriate sales staff and administrative team members, create and execute partnership events on a state level or more regional throughout the state.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience; CPCU or other relevant industry designation
- 10+ Years in the Property and Casualty insurance industry with experience with personal lines sales (specifically consultative-selling) and underwriting.
- Highly self motivated and organized with a commitment to strong internal and external customer service.
- Strong industry reputation as both a technical and customer focused leader.
- Sound financial acumen and understanding of P&L statements.
- Knowledge and experience with setting and driving an operating plan, along with a track record of setting goals and delivering results.
- Superior analytical & problem-solving skills. This includes the ability to encourage new ways to look at problems, processes and procedures; developing sound recommendations for capitalizing on opportunities and improving results; and generating new ideas for profitable growth including new products and coverages for target customers.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written; ability to work confidently with all departments and levels within the organization and all external business partners.
- Team player with outstanding inter-personal, negotiation, communication and influencing skills to forge trusted relationships and convey a vision internally and externally.
- Ability to travel throughout territory including regular visits to the Dallas office to conduct and participate in meetings to further achievement cross departmental business objectives.
This job description is designed to provide a general overview of the requirements of the job and does not entail a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties, or responsibilities that will be required in this position. AmTrust has the right to revise this job description at any time. What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
This job has expired.