Northeast Georgia Health System is rooted in a foundation of improving the health of our communities.
About the Role:
The Standardized Patient Emulator will play the role of a patient or medical staff member to facilitate the training of physicians, nurses, and other health professionals. He/she will follow scripting and direction to display signs/symptoms of various medical conditions. He/she will support healthcare providers in learning the value of connection, empathy, and astute inquiry and assessment in patient care. Must be willing and able to participate in a series of physical exams while dressed in a hospital gown in a simulated patient room. Does not involve invasive procedures. Hours of work will be on an as-needed basis according to the training schedules and needs of the Simulation Center.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Preferred Job Qualifications
Licensure or other certifications:
Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or GED
Job Specific and Unique Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preferred Licensure or other certifications:
Preferred Educational Requirements: Experience or training in acting (theatre or drama).
Preferred Experience: Multi-lingual proficiency. No experience as a Standardized Patient required.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities
- Ability to memorize simulated patient information and accurately portray specific symptoms and/or behaviors
- Strong reading, writing, and communication skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity in the evaluation and training of health care professionals
- Flexibility with schedules, job responsibilities, and changes in working environment. Ability to explore and develop creative alternatives to challenges
- Professional demeanor and demonstration of excellent communication, organizational, and relationship skills. Customer service focused.
- Accurately portray a patient and simulate and/or verbalize a variety of physical symptoms and behaviors.
- Participate in a series of physical exams while wearing a hospital gown (with undergarments beneath).
- Memorize detailed simulated patient history and case information to accurately respond to assessment questioning.
- Confidentially evaluate learners through utilization of a written checklist of performance standards.
- Be willing to be videotaped and/or observed during physical examinations.
- Be flexible in scheduling and able to commit to scheduled shifts.
Working at NGHS means being part of something special: a team invested in you as a person, an employee, and in helping you reach your goals. NGHS: Opportunities start here.
Weight Lifted: Up to 20 lbs, Frequently 31-65%of time
Weight Carried: Up to 20 lbs, Frequently 31-65%of time
Vision: Moderate, Constantly 66-100% of time
Kneeling/Stooping/Bending: Frequently 31-65%
Standing/Walking: Frequently 31-65%
Pushing/Pulling: Occasionally 0-30%
Intensity of Work: Occasionally 0-30%
Job Requires: Reading, Writing, Reasoning, Talking, Fingering
Northeast Georgia Health System is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
This job has expired.