At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
Job Description Summary:
PayPal Core Payment platform team is looking for talented, creative, and passionate security engineers to help design and build Real Time Payments platform on public cloud.
PayPal Core Payment Platform team is looking for a talented, creative, and passionate back-end engineer to help design and build a new payments platform on public cloud. As a self-motivated and enthusiastic member of our team, you will work with extremely talented peers in a fun environment building performance efficient, highly scalable, configurable and available systems. You will work in an agile environment with a focus on problem solving and engineering excellence.
Additional Job Description:
Your way to impact:
Your day to day:
- Experience in object-oriented programming and concepts
- Experienced in Distributed System development using Java/J2EE/Web Technologies/C++.
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies
- Strong knowledge of control plane systems - from web application to API service, workflow/state machine system, CI/CD system, to observability systems (monitoring, logging, tracing).
- Strong knowledge of container-based and distributed application management - from binaries and manifests building and packaging, to runtime environment management (ex, host-based and serverless controls).
- Deeply understand and have experience with building high availability, high throughput, fault tolerance, and scalable system in a modern cloud-based and global environment (ex, multi-region).
- Experience and expertise in cloud-native environments and technologies (ex, VPC, ELB, IAM) are strongly preferred.
- Experience with DevOps is a plus.
- Experience with 3rd party / open-source control plane technologies (ex, GitHub OIDC, GitHub Actions, Argo, Artifactory) is a plus.
What do you need to bring-
- Design, develop and test high throughput back-end payments systems
- Develop efficient, elegant, clean code with no unnecessary complication or abstraction
- Lead code review sessions
- Passionate about low latency systems
- Ability to deal with high volume data
- Continuously look for opportunities for performance tuning
- Collaborate with other engineers and architects
- Collaborate with Product Managers
**We know the confidence gap and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates. Please don't hesitate to apply.Subsidiary:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience building, delivering, and managing cloud IaaS environments using IaaS AWS/GCP platforms
- 7+ years of experience in object-oriented programming and concepts
- 7+ years of experience in Distributed System development using Java/J2EE/Web Technologies/C++.
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies
- Experience in continuous improvement and building continuous integration, continuous development, and constant deployment pipeline (CI/CD Pipeline)
- Develop, scale, and control strategies, standards, guidelines, governance of Continuous Integration systems
- Proficient in containerization tools such as Kubernetes and Docker.
PayPal is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices.
Actual Compensation is based on various factors including but not limited to work location, and relevant skills and experience.
The total compensation for this practice may include an annual performance bonus (or other incentive compensation, as applicable), equity, and medical, dental, vision, and other benefits. For more information, visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com.
The U.S. national annual pay range for this role is
$96900 to $234300Our Benefits:
At PayPal, we're committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can't do this without our most important asset-you. That's why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.comWho We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal's commitment to employees' health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
This job has expired.