Job Code and Payroll Title
009611 SRA 3
The Staff Research Associate III (SRA III) will be working in the Laboratory for Genomic Research (LGR) which is a CRISPR-based functional genomics laboratory. In this position, SRA III will be an integral member of a research team that is developing and implementing the next generation of CRISPR screening tools in mammalian cell lines to study a variety of biological questions and to identify potential drug targets.
The responsibilities can include culturing and maintaining human cell culture lines, performing flow cytometry, performing basic molecular biology techniques, imaging data, performing basic statistical calculations, and other duties as assigned. Alternatively, the responsibilities include extensive molecular biology work to develop new methods of sequencing sample preparation. Some time will be spent performing literature reviews in addition to attending and presenting at lab meetings/journal club meetings. Multiple openings are available.
Staff Research Associate III
Additional Shift Details
Monday - Friday
University Professional Technical Employees - Research Support Professionals Unit (UPTE-RX)
Research and Scientific
* BA/BS degree in Biology, Biotechnology or in a related science and two or more years of recent, directly related work experience following degree completion, utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position and demonstrating technical expertise in these areas; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Experience utilizing the techniques or methods required by the position and demonstrating technical expertise in these areas; or an equivalent and knowledge or experience with cell and molecular biology laboratory settings
* Ability to conduct and report on scientific experiments and findings
* Creative thinking and problem-solving, exceptional organizational skills, a strong work ethic, careful attention to detail
* Proficiency at teamwork and ability to interface with multiple researchers, vendors, and faculty to collaborate on various aspects of the project
* MS in Biology, Biotechnology, or related area
* Experience in a multi-disciplinary environment
* Experience with laboratory equipment and safety protocols
Biochemistry and Biophysics
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
The Biochemistry & Biophysics Department is comprised of 26 faculty members and about 200 students and postdoctoral fellows pursuing a range of biological problems encompassing biochemistry, genetics, and cell, structural and developmental biology. The faculty are committed to graduate education and actively engaged in shaping the highly collaborative environment that makes UCSF a special place.
The University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is a leading university dedicated to promoting health worldwide through advanced biomedical research, graduate-level education in the life sciences and health professions, and excellence in patient care. It is the only campus in the 10-campus UC system dedicated exclusively to the health sciences. We bring together the world's leading experts in nearly every area of health. We are home to five Nobel laureates who have advanced the understanding of cancer, neurodegenerative diseases, aging and stem cells.
UCSF is a diverse community made of people with many skills and talents. We seek candidates whose work experience or community service has prepared them to contribute to our commitment to professionalism, respect, integrity, diversity and excellence - also known as our PRIDE values.
In addition to our PRIDE values, UCSF is committed to equity - both in how we deliver care as well as our workforce. We are committed to building a broadly diverse community, nurturing a culture that is welcoming and supportive, and engaging diverse ideas for the provision of culturally competent education, discovery, and patient care. Additional information about UCSF is available at diversity.ucsf.edu
Join us to find a rewarding career contributing to improving healthcare worldwide.
Mission Bay (SF)
Wood Dale, Illinois
Posted 41 minutes ago
Kansas City, Missouri
Posted 41 minutes ago
San Diego, California
Posted 41 minutes ago