Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Primary Function of Position:
We are looking for a hands-on, technically strong engineer to support new vision product development. The successful candidate has a track record of leading multidisciplinary teams from product concept through market launch. This person creates system-wide architecture models, guides teams through concept and development, and plays an active role in solving challenging technical problems.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop system-wide architecture plans and models based on market needs and an assessment of existing technology as well as technology that will be ready in time for product launch.
- Effectively communicate the plan to the larger team inside and outside the Vision group.
- Lead multifaceted technical teams to implement the architecture on time and within budget.
- Roll up sleeves when needed to provide hands-on help solving detailed technical issues.
Skills, Experience, Education, & Training:
- Minimum of B.S. in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or similar
- Minimum 15+ years of experience developing overall product architecture including thermal, mechanical, electronic, software, and optical systems.
- Direct medical device experience is preferred but not required
- Track record leading teams via direct reporting structure and influence across organizations as well as leading teams to realize the architectural vision and bringing products to market
- Excellent teamwork skills with proven ability to cultivate collaboration across multiple disciplines to insure timely project success
- Effective communication skills (verbal, written, presentation)
- Flexibility to adapt to fast-paced environment to meet business needs
- Self-starter needing minimal supervision
- Self-confident and able to react quickly under pressure
Intuitive is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees, and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type, without regard to race, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, genetic information or any other status protected under federal, state, or local applicable laws.
Shift : Shift 1 - Day
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Travel Requirements: Yes, 10 % of the Time Shift: Shift 1 - Day