All qualified candidates are eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives. ®
Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) (5 RCP)
This 26-bed unit provides comprehensive high-tech intensive care to acutely ill adults with a wide variety of complex critically ill patients with multiple medical issues who demonstrate a deterioration of health requiring critical care nursing. Patient diagnoses include multi-system failure respiratory failure, severe sepsis, overdoses (OD), GIB, medical neuro, various cancers, and bone marrow transplants. State of the art technology is implemented in MICU including il-2 therapy, VV ECMO, CRRT, ventilators, vasoactive drugs and preforms many bedside procedures. MICU provides total patient care involving a multidisciplinary approach, in conjunction with state-of-the-art technology, for systematic assessment and improvement of care to the critically ill patients. In 2012 we were awarded a National award for outstanding achievement and leadership for elimination of Ventilator Associated pneumonia.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
Percent of Time: 75%-100% - 28-40 hours per week Schedule:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions
Rotating 12-hour Day/Night shifts, rotating days off, every third weekend, every other holiday SEIU Pay Plan:
Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa Pay Differentials:
Shift differentials for evening, night, and weekend shifts. Premium pay for additional shifts greater than 4 hours. Inpatient differentials of up to $5,000 per year Benefits Highlights:
Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans. Relocation Assistant available to qualified applicants. https://hr.uiowa.edu/benefits
For more information about Why Iowa?, click hereEducation Required:
- An Associate's Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions
- A minimum of current telemetry or current cardiac step down experience or 1 year recent RN experience or completion of recent ICU internship is required
- General computer skills are required
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire
- Current ACLS certification is desired
Please attach a resume as part of the application process.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
- Knowledge of University policies and procedures
Job openings are posted for a minimum of14calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Kylie Guy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be subject to a criminal background check. Up to 5 professional references will be requested at a later step in the recruitment process.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Part-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Kylie Guy
- Contact Email: email@example.com