Sign-on incentive: Candidates are eligible for a sign on incentive of up to $12,500 based on experience
University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics-recognized as one of the best hospitals in the United States-is Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center and a regional referral center. Each day more than 12,000 employees, students, and volunteers work together to provide safe, quality health care and excellent service for our patients. Simply stated, our mission is: Changing Medicine. Changing Lives.®
Become one of Iowa's best Nurses - join the Nursing team at Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinic (UIHC). As a three-time winner of the Magnet designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Recognition Program®, UIHC offers you the opportunity to advance your nursing skills. Work in an environment where your co-workers are committed to excellence, education, and innovation. We are dedicated to providing evidence based, family-centered care while working and learning with a full interdisciplinary team.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
- Applies nursing theory to the assessment, diagnosis, treatment, and evaluation of patient responses to health and illness.
- Assesses patient health care preferences and expectations.
- Collaboratively coordinates the continuum of care across settings.
- Develops patient care plan based on patient condition, age, and psychological, educational, and socioeconomic conditions that prescribes interventions to attain expected outcomes.
- Implements patient care plan according to patient priorities, which includes interventions identified through nursing diagnoses. Documents/reports interventions and patient/family response.
- Collaborates and integrates contributions of patients and families into multidisciplinary patient care plan.
- Develops, coordinates and implements transfer/discharge planning throughout episode of care.
- Implements nursing interventions according to department, division, and/or unit policies, procedures, and protocols to maintain safe environment for patients, visitors and staff. Follows universal precautions.
Percent of Time: 50% 20 hours per week
Schedule: 20 hours per week, M,W,F 0830-1430. No weekends and no holidays.
SEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-plan Salary:
$30,000 to commensurate (not including inpatient or shift differential)
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa?, click here
- An Associate's Degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP), MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader or a Master's Degree in Nursing (MSN, MA) is required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions.
- General computer skills are required.
- Previous experience providing electroconvulsive therapy is required.
- One year recent (within the last two years) RN adult psychiatry experience is required.
- Current license to practice nursing in Iowa is required by date of hire.
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing or Masters Degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable
- Previous RN inpatient experience, or recent internship on an inpatient unit
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14calendar days. This job may be removed from posting and filled any time after the minimum posting period has ended. For questions or additional information, please contact Lindsey Fudge at Lindseyfirstname.lastname@example.org .
Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check. This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization.
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Part-time
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Lindsey Fudge
- Contact Email: email@example.com