Invenergy drives innovation in energy. Powered by decades of entrepreneurial experience and unparalleled execution, we solve the energy challenges facing our customers and communities. We provide power generation and storage solutions at scale around the world to create a cleaner energy future. We develop. We build. We own. We operate. We are Invenergy.
- Develop project designs that comply with critical owner and interconnection requirements.
- Conduct thorough design reviews of drawings.
- Define the scope of required engineering studies/calculations (electrical and civil) and review results for accuracy and compliance.
- Track design schedules, update stakeholders, and ensure that critical dates related to engineering tasks are met on time.
- Support project close out by organizing and transferring as-built documentation to the final project owner including physical and electrical drawings, schematics, bill of materials, engineering studies/calculations, and relay settings.
Procurement and Construction Support:
- Review competitive bids for owner procured transmission, HVDC, and other material. Support the purchasing of this equipment and manage suppliers throughout the engineering and commissioning process.
- Monitor construction progress both remotely and via on-site inspections and support resolution of any field issues. Attend on-site meetings with construction contractors and in person coordination meetings with interconnection utilities.
- Perform factory/equipment inspection and witness factory acceptance testing for major materials.
Engineering Group Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing project specific construction, engineering, and equipment specifications.
- Prepare and validate calculations related to electrical energy including impedances and other line losses, electric and magnetic fields, surface gradient, audible noise, thermal rating, and conductor selection.
- Prepare and validate calculations related to transmission line structural loading, foundation, hardware, and overhead wire (e.g., clearances, blowout, swing, etc.).
- Coordinate with independent engineers and project partners to effectively navigate the technical due diligence process.
- Assist in the development of new projects by analyzing conceptual designs and Requests for Proposal (RFP) specifications.
- Support early-stage transmission development by providing route input, addressing landowner concerns, evaluating environmental and construction impacts, etc.
- Coordinate with operations engineering to incorporate lessons learned into new design reviews and specifications to continuously improve quality.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of industry technology through various training sessions and conferences.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited college/university (Civil, Electrical, Power Systems, or Mechanical)
- 0-2+ years of professional experience, either through an internship or full-time position
- Ability to travel occasionally, if needed (up to 25%).
- Engineering internship or other applicable discipline experience is a plus.
- Successfully passed the FE exam.
- Basic knowledge and application of principles in area of engineering specialty.
- General knowledge of interpreting and applying common industry standards and codes.
- Ability to work as a team member, to maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Ability to perform effectively in high-pressure situations while maintaining focus with commitment to quality and accuracy.
- Strong organization and planning skills with the ability to manage tasks across multiple projects.
- Strong communication (verbal/written) and interpersonal skills involving the ability to work cross-functionally to understand requirements and provide recommendations.
- Proficient with the use computers and Microsoft Office suite.
- Proficient knowledge of land survey technology and how to use geospatial data.
- Proficient knowledge of PLS-CADD design software and its use in transmission line design.
- Proficient knowledge of foundation design and software programs.
- Program specific skills related to Excel Visual Basic, Visio, Global Mapper, Bluebeam, or AutoCAD
- Experience with EHV/HV electrical infrastructure (substations/switchyards, distribution systems, transmission lines, transformers. etc.).
- Understanding of finite element analysis (e.g., PLS-CADD software suite)
- Knowledge of power systems or renewable generation, ideally acquired through specific coursework, job experience, and internships.
Eligible for medical, dental, vision, 401(k), bonus, paid time off, etc.
Invenergy LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability.
This job has expired.