Responsible for owning the procurement relationship with factories, global category teams, procurement finance and business partners as the single point of contact within the market for specified ingredient and/or packaging categories or assigned area. Balance and/or advance ensure supply challenges from supplier, factory, or other business channels. Understand, analyze and communicate Purchase Price Variance (PPV) to procurement leadership on a monthly basis. Analyze, identify, and communicate sourcing constraints, cost savings, supply risks, and mitigation strategies as they relate to the category or area.
- Drive implementation of cost savings projects to enable the business priority of reduction in total delivered cost. Ensure alignment of project status between business partner team and finance teams.
- Support cost reduction initiative with suppliers within category by understanding supply chain needs and application.
- High level of financial acumen and understand working capital, PPV etc.
- Be responsible for the procurement relationship with factories, and serve as first contact point for suppliers and business partners for potential supply issues.
- Problem solve locally and advance to global buyer as necessary.
- Coordinate and implement supplier facing supply chain initiatives for assigned categories.
- Facilitate supplier quality probation process and balance supplier claims within market.
- Analyze, understand, and share market requirements and challenges for ingredient and packaging materials; including priorities and key value drivers for each category.
- Drive business objectives, challenges, projects, requirements and expectations.
- Develop expertise for local alignment with the global category team to enable strategic direction planning; including specifications, transportation needs, new material set-up, vendor onboarding, as well as any other market conditions.
- Identify and approve local market volume requirements to the global category and finance teams through applicable processes and systems.
- Research and analyze current quality/procure-to-pay issues and communicate market reality with global categories and local business partner teams.
- Analyze data (e.g. financial, volume, P.O. activity, etc.) and glean insights in order to develop recommendation for Budget, Price Forecasting and other financial activities
- Collaborate with above-market category teams and advise on current local pricing requirements and any changes to budget volumes
- Prepare commentary on evolution of category and share with business partners.
- Lead implementation of global team's sourcing strategies at category level in market.
- Collaborate with business units to align and secure category sourcing strategy approvals across functional leadership.
- Partner with the business to ensure approval of supplier selection and communicate award decision to those affected.
- Identify and prioritize necessary activities and resources needed to achieve implementation of sourcing strategies
- Other duties as assigned (i.e. supplier relationship management, contract management, engaging with global centers of scale (NGBS), etc).
- Quality data and thoroughness of the analysis is required to ensure confidence in business decisions. Role will be providing approval for contracting materials and driving cost savings.
Requirements and minimum education level
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Operations, Logistics/Transportation or other applicable discipline required
- Minimum 3-5 years sourcing, purchasing and/or material management, technical/manufacturing experience and/or or equivalent experience required.
- Strong negations and persuasion skills
- SAP, Ariba, experience preferred.
- Required proficiency in Microsoft Suite products, including but not limited to, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Candidate must be detail oriented and a self-starter
- Proven ability to analyze and present findings in a clear and cohesive manner
- Capable of navigating through ambiguous situations and managing relationships
- Strong communication skills need to liaise between the internal customers and the global procurement team
- Ability to work collaboratively and support multiple sourcing initiatives
- Ability to develop processes and/or to identify continuous improvements to help better coordinate activities
The Nestlé Companies are an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer seeking diversity in qualified applicants for employment. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.