A career with MilliporeSigma is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works, and plays through next-generation advancements in healthcare, life science, and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. MilliporeSigma is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
We are looking for a Process Development Scientist to join the Process and Analytical Development group at MilliporeSigma in St. Louis. PAD is part of the CDMO business at MilliporeSigma supporting the development of bio-conjugated molecules (such as ADCs) for clinical trials. The ideal candidate will be a process scientist/engineer with experience leading project teams and people. Responsibilities include:
- Managing a team of four process and analytical scientists to achieve project deliverables
- Optimizing the bioconjugation chemistry to achieve a robust reaction scheme
- Designing and performing process development studies for the purification of bioconjugates using technologies such as UF/DF, chromatography, and filtration
- Collaborating with QC and GMP manufacturing to ensure appropriate process fitting and successful tech transfer
- Troubleshooting and identifying solutions to overcome technical issues
- Authoring tech transfer documents, batch records, and development reports
- Communicating and working effectively in cross-functional teams
- Providing customers with regular updates on project progression
- Day-to-day management of direct reports including performance reviews, career development, coaching, and mentoring
Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Perform moderately physical activity.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may work near moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or hazardous chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- The employee may frequently sit, stand; walk; use hands, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee may be required to wear an air helmet, mask, safety shoes, apron rubber and Tyvek suits, protective gloves, safety glasses and/or goggles while performing in this position.
- The employee may be exposed to unknown biological agents
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or other life science discipline with 3+ years of industrial experience OR Master's Degree in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering or other life science discipline with 5+ years of industrial experience OR Bachelor's degree with 10+ years of industrial experience
- 2+ years of experience in protein or other biopolymer purification at both the bench and pilot/production scale employing chromatographic and ultrafiltration unit operations
- 2+ years of experience in working with or leading multi-disciplinary/matrix teams
- Experience in bio-conjugation process chemistry development and optimization, including the use of Design of Experiments
- Experience with oligo nucleotide purification on a preparative scale
- Experience related to chemical and/or enzymatic conjugation of small molecule payloads to biopolymer scaffolds strongly preferred
- 2+ years of experience in managing/supervising direct reports
- Exemplary communication skills including timely and concise written and oral communications to both external and internal project stakeholders
SRMWhat we offer:
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 218559
Location: St. Louis
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time