A career with EMD Electronics is an ongoing journey of discovery: our 57,000 people are shaping how the world lives, works and plays through next generation advancements in healthcare, life science and electronics. For more than 350 years and across the world we have passionately pursued our curiosity to find novel and vibrant ways of enhancing the lives of others. EMD Electronics is a business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany.
Versum Materials, now a part of EMD Electronics has created Senior Safety Specialist position for its MEGASYS team at Austin, TX. The Senior Safety Specialist will provide input into the development of all site safety programs and will be responsible for enforcing safety policies, regulations, and safety processes on site. This individual will analyze site hazard trends and will be responsible for the development of safety protocols that are consistent with industrial agencies and corporate standards.
The Senior Safety Specialist will be the primary contact for site safety issues, health and safety programs development and implementation, and auditing operational compliance of established site and corporate safety programs. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, facilitating safety incident investigations, and identifying appropriate corrective measures, evaluating effectiveness of corrective measures, identifying, and mitigating hazardous conditions and practices on site, and collaborating with technical team members to develop administrative and engineering controls designed to eliminate potential injury or exposure to materials used on site.
- Enforcing and keeping site safety policies, regulations, and safety processes up to date
- Assign individual ownership to various site safety programs and oversee certification and compliance
- Recommend process improvement and product safety features that will reduce employees' exposure to chemical and physical hazards on site
- Consult with corporate and customer site safety to ensure compliance prior to implementation
- Lead investigation for accidents and injuries to determine root cause(s) and preventive measures
- Actively communicate with employees and customer to obtain information about workplace safety/environment
- Coordinates safety training for employees; monitors compliance
- Maintain liaisons with outside organizations such as corporate safety, occupational health providers, and emergency response teams to assure proper response when needed
- Willing to spend time in the field assessing employee behavior and driving safety culture across the organization
- Perform quarterly safety drills with the onsite technical team, providing detailed feedback and evaluating performance
- Compile, analyze, and interpret site safety data to develop continuous improvement plans for the site
- 50% of walking throughout the facility (4-5 miles per day)
- Climbing of ladders up to 12-foot-tall (utilizing fall protection)
- Basic lifting (up to 40lbs)
- Bending of the knees and overhead reaching
The individual will be a part of the EMD Performance Megasys onsite leadership team and will support the TCM operation in the Austin area.
The individual will be assigned to shift-one (Monday-Friday) and will support a compressed workweek schedule and/or twenty-four-hour call-out as needed.Who You Are:Minimum Qualifications:
- Associates Degree in a Technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience in EHS, process safety and/or industrial hygiene
- 2+ years of experience in safety management processes (LOTO & Energy Isolation, Work Permitting, Electrical, PPE, etc.)
What we offer:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience with BCD/PCD and gas related equipment
- Experience with gas and/or chemical delivery systems in ultra-high purity operation
- Strong leadership skills
- Professional certification (Certified Safety Professional, Certified Hazardous Materials Manager, etc.)
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training
- Strong technical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- MS Office proficiency
- Outgoing individual comfortable presenting to large groups
With us, there are always opportunities to break new ground. We empower you to fulfil your ambitions, and our diverse businesses offer various career moves to seek new horizons. We trust you with responsibility early on and support you to draw your own career map that is responsive to your aspirations and priorities in life. Join us and bring your curiosity to life!Curious?
Apply and find more information at https://jobs.vibrantm.com
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to their Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because they made a good faith report of discrimination.
Job Requisition ID: 215354
Career Level: D - Professional (4-9 years)
Working time model: full-time